A level assessment help

Watch this thread
x_cait13_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm in year 13 and now starting my assessments. My assessments are for history and RS with the WJEC. I had my first RS one today on 'Natural Explanations of Charismatic experiences weaken its religious value' evaluate this view. The tests will be on Christianity. I started off good but it went **** as I couldn't remember the theories and the other stuff to go with it and I spent so long revising the question. I need to find a technique that will help me with remembering the topic as I've always done rewiting it out and out again but that takes too much time. I've done quizzes saying that I'm a visual learner but don't know how to use those techniques for revising RS. What's the best way to revise a part A question for example explain the challenge to christianity in the UK from secularisation or explain whether the UK can still be called a Christian country. How would I go about with those.
My other one after that is a part B question with evaluation how can I remember the arguments but giving enough detail and remember what links.

I got 2 history assessments the closest one is a source question on Hermany 1933-1945. What's good tips on analysing the sources and how to pick up key things as well as remembering events and dates. Good evaluation words as well.
The last one is on American Century 1890-1990 which I'm doing a foreign policy question. Foreign policy isn't my best one as I was better at Civil Rights. The question is to what extent was the Truman doctrine the most significant turning point.... in 1890 to 1990.
Any tips on how can I make my arguments clear and linking to the question with good explanation.
Hanathemedic
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by x_cait13_x)
Hi, I'm in year 13 and now starting my assessments. My assessments are for history and RS with the WJEC. I had my first RS one today on 'Natural Explanations of Charismatic experiences weaken its religious value' evaluate this view. The tests will be on Christianity. I started off good but it went **** as I couldn't remember the theories and the other stuff to go with it and I spent so long revising the question. I need to find a technique that will help me with remembering the topic as I've always done rewiting it out and out again but that takes too much time. I've done quizzes saying that I'm a visual learner but don't know how to use those techniques for revising RS. What's the best way to revise a part A question for example explain the challenge to christianity in the UK from secularisation or explain whether the UK can still be called a Christian country. How would I go about with those.
My other one after that is a part B question with evaluation how can I remember the arguments but giving enough detail and remember what links.

I got 2 history assessments the closest one is a source question on Hermany 1933-1945. What's good tips on analysing the sources and how to pick up key things as well as remembering events and dates. Good evaluation words as well.
The last one is on American Century 1890-1990 which I'm doing a foreign policy question. Foreign policy isn't my best one as I was better at Civil Rights. The question is to what extent was the Truman doctrine the most significant turning point.... in 1890 to 1990.
Any tips on how can I make my arguments clear and linking to the question with good explanation.
For essays, my advice would be to write down a list of all the possible questions you could get asked, and then practice writing each one. I know it seems like a lot, but that's the best way. Even if you don't write the essay, but just consider arguments for each. Also look at past paper mark schemes to see the sort of structure they like, and what kind of arguments they use
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads