Leaving a toxic friendship group?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m in what I think is a pretty toxic friendship group. They make me feel very miserable and unworthy, however, I have placed lots of my self worth into their validation, I am so rarely invited to things that when I am I get an instant boost, I know this is wrong, but it’s like I’m addicted to the feeling of being wanted by someone, the rest of the time they make me feel very belittled and stupid. Has anyone had a similar experience, and how long did it take you to distance yourself from it?
EconomicsStud3nt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get away from it. You’ll grow confidence slowly but surely. Not with them though. Not till they change
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by reviser666)
girl!! i am literally in this exact same situation right now and i really want to leave the group but i kind of dont know how to, how old r u?
im 14, such a hard age as everyone is changing and starting to experiment with drugs and alc etc!
reviser666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im 14, such a hard age as everyone is changing and starting to experiment with drugs and alc etc!
oh :/ i hope it gets easier for u sis
umchileanyways
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
omg I understand what your going through
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m in what I think is a pretty toxic friendship group. They make me feel very miserable and unworthy, however, I have placed lots of my self worth into their validation, I am so rarely invited to things that when I am I get an instant boost, I know this is wrong, but it’s like I’m addicted to the feeling of being wanted by someone, the rest of the time they make me feel very belittled and stupid. Has anyone had a similar experience, and how long did it take you to distance yourself from it?
im experiencing it right now, try finding a few other friends your close to and maybe try hanging out with them more often
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im experiencing it right now, try finding a few other friends your close to and maybe try hanging out with them more often
yes, its a large group so quite hard to get away ahah
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
yes, its a large group so quite hard to get away ahah
Can't you just kill all of them???
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Can't you just kill all of them???
wtf :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (114)
14.29%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (85)
10.65%
Changed course offer (35)
4.39%
Clearing (58)
7.27%
Conditional offer (11)
1.38%
Deferral (33)
4.14%
Ucas Extra (92)
11.53%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.13%
Point of Entry (56)
7.02%
Self-release (116)
14.54%
Tariff Point (64)
8.02%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.38%
Withdrawal (23)
2.88%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (69)
8.65%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads