A level History

Watch this thread
emilyp0270
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do people reccomend this? I really like GCSE History but don't know wether it's the right option for me?

Also are the exams source based or knowledge or both?
x_cait13_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilyp0270)
Do people reccomend this? I really like GCSE History but don't know wether it's the right option for me?

Also are the exams source based or knowledge or both?
Hi I'm a year 13 student who's doing history A level. I'm with the WJEC board so I don't know if it could be different for you.

Unit 1- 2 essays to do out of 4 choices.
Unit 2- a source question and interpretation question
Unit 3- 2 essays.
Unit 4- source question and essays
Unit 5- coursework.

History is really hard its a lot of things to remember and what you do at GCSE with the marks is completely different to a level. As 15/30 is a D 16/30 is a C. If you got a career you want, look at the skills required and look at the history skills if they are gonna benefit you. Do the subject if your good at it.
For me history helped me for my future as I'm studying law with criminology in September so history will be best if your going into subjects with a lot of writing, analysis, interpretations style.
emilyp0270
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by x_cait13_x)
Hi I'm a year 13 student who's doing history A level. I'm with the WJEC board so I don't know if it could be different for you.

Unit 1- 2 essays to do out of 4 choices.
Unit 2- a source question and interpretation question
Unit 3- 2 essays.
Unit 4- source question and essays
Unit 5- coursework.

History is really hard its a lot of things to remember and what you do at GCSE with the marks is completely different to a level. As 15/30 is a D 16/30 is a C. If you got a career you want, look at the skills required and look at the history skills if they are gonna benefit you. Do the subject if your good at it.
For me history helped me for my future as I'm studying law with criminology in September so history will be best if your going into subjects with a lot of writing, analysis, interpretations style.
this is really helpful - thanks so much. can I ask what you got at GCSE? and what your predicted at A Level? I understand they're completely different but would give me an idea of my ability.
x_cait13_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilyp0270)
this is really helpful - thanks so much. can I ask what you got at GCSE? and what your predicted at A Level? I understand they're completely different but would give me an idea of my ability.
I was predicted a C at GCSE I got a B. At A level I'm predicted a B but my work varies between B's and A's but my coursework is 20% and I got a B. I'm happy with a B as its one of the grades I need to get for my firm choice. I got two assessments upcoming so we'll see how it goes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
27.08%
As I expected (14)
29.17%
Harder (18)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.25%

Watched Threads