The Student Room Group

gcse english lang 2020

can you guys please mark this - it's the 2020 paper for creative writing 'Abandoned'. I've also mixed in the topic of a 'beautiful place' from the 2019 paper too.

I watched as the large, glowing, golden disc rose slowly into the dull morning sky, casting sunbeams in every direction while it illuminated the small town. I stared out the glass panes as the colours made by the rising sun changed, growing more vivid with the passing time -making the sky increasingly radiant as it climbed higher and higher - yet I couldn’t help but notice the warmth of happiness seeping out from my bones.
Annie. Her soul was one of a kind mesmerizing yet held a fierce compassion inside. Her eyes spoke of a beautiful soul and her movements told of a need for nurture, but then perhaps that's how we all are. With eyes of river waters, in glossy serenity, her aura seeped into the summer air between us.
With each stride towards me, my mind seemingly became clear; more resolute, as if the growing physical distance between us had now become an emotional chasm. Then, abruptly pausing to close her eyes and take in a deep breath of dewy air, she steered herself to the place where we met.
The prepossessing meadow.
We sat there until noon, the grass moving in steady waves, gently tickling my soft skin. There was something about it, their movement synchronized yet independent, their hues so close yet unique. And while they danced in that way, came the song of crickets and the chirps of birds content to be warmed by gentle rays. I recall thinking of the days we had been so blessed to have and feeling the inner joy of anticipating the autumn colours.
Inhaling the fresh and crisp air, I glance towards her, “Do you not wonder why no other person seems to enjoy such scenery… it’s always just us.” Glimpsing back at me, the skin around her hooded eyes crinkled as she held her smile never speaking a word.
It was nothing out of the ordinary when she remained quiet. Throughout our wonderful excursions, Annie had never once a word. Neither had I questioned it. Perhaps we had both grown accustomed to the tranquil, cordial silence. Perhaps she enjoyed hearing my voice. Perhaps I was too scared… too scared to ask.
My eyes greet the sky, as the golden ray’s of light brush my skin, “Let’s play a game of hide and seek. I will count, you go hide,” The heady aroma of blooms and subtle movements of leaves tingled at my fingers, as I slowly counted down from ten.
6. Squinting my eyes open, i peer over to my side.
5. As the light fades to black, the colours of the grass and leaves become silver-like.
4. The warmth of the happiness seeps from my bones.
3. My grin begins to falter.
2. Perhaps my eyes were too blind to see her hidden spot.
1. Perhaps she had gone.
8/9
Original post by Shirohige123
8/9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending