The Student Room Group

Would I still get funding for my PGCE?

Hi!

Basically, I took a foundation year and now I'm currently in my first year of my course (3 year BSc). Would I still be able to receive student loans considering that I would've been funded for 4 Years already prior to starting the PGCE?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Proxy1
Hi!

Basically, I took a foundation year and now I'm currently in my first year of my course (3 year BSc). Would I still be able to receive student loans considering that I would've been funded for 4 Years already prior to starting the PGCE?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, what is the length of your PGCE course.

If the course is 2 years or less, non salaried and it will be your first time achieving Qualified Teacher Status then your previous study will not affect your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, what is the length of your PGCE course.

If the course is 2 years or less, non salaried and it will be your first time achieving Qualified Teacher Status then your previous study will not affect your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the reply, the length of the PGCE Biology course is 10 months but there may be more important details on this webpage: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/masters/courses/list/11519/pgce-secondary-biology/#course-profile

Much appriciated!
Original post by Proxy1
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the reply, the length of the PGCE Biology course is 10 months but there may be more important details on this webpage: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/masters/courses/list/11519/pgce-secondary-biology/#course-profile

Much appriciated!

As it's under 2 years, that is fine.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Hi Isaac

Would I still be eligible for funding for a PGCE (1 Year) resit year? I have done a Foundation Year, and a 4 Year MEng prior. I feel like I have exhausted my gift years (and sure I was told this on the phone to your contact centre too one time), even though PGCE is an exception and I never really qualified the first time..

If I have exhausted the gift years. In the circumstance that the PGCE (1 Year) first attempt was refunded - would this reinstate my gift year, or would it just be deemed as a repayment and I’d still have to self-fund my second attempt re-sit year of the PGCE (1 Year), as previously advised?

Thanks I’m advance for your help!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by shing
Hi Isaac

Would I still be eligible for funding for a PGCE (1 Year) resit year? I have done a Foundation Year, and a 4 Year MEng prior. I feel like I have exhausted my gift years (and sure I was told this on the phone to your contact centre too one time), even though PGCE is an exception and I never really qualified the first time..

If I have exhausted the gift years. In the circumstance that the PGCE (1 Year) first attempt was refunded - would this reinstate my gift year, or would it just be deemed as a repayment and I’d still have to self-fund my second attempt re-sit year of the PGCE (1 Year), as previously advised?

Thanks I’m advance for your help!

Hi there, if you didn't gain the QTS qualification last time then you could receive funding as long as the course is under 2 years and non salaried. Please apply and our assessors will review and make a formal decision.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending