Queens university belfast 2nd year accomodation

Watch this thread
holly0212
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm panicking about accommodation for next year. I got a room in the elms village but with covid i spent from september to march at home so i never got to meet anyone. Idk what to do, none of my friends are in Belfast and the applications for elms is full for returning students. I was looking at student roost but idk. I'm really regretting not staying up in elms longer at the start, i moved back home because of covid but the main reason was actually bad social anxiety. If everything is back to normal in september i want to be close to the campus because i want to join clubs and societies and the closest house on student roost is a 20 min walk which i guess is okay its just the student roost house is more expensive. I just dont know what to do.
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by holly0212)
I'm panicking about accommodation for next year. I got a room in the elms village but with covid i spent from september to march at home so i never got to meet anyone. Idk what to do, none of my friends are in Belfast and the applications for elms is full for returning students. I was looking at student roost but idk. I'm really regretting not staying up in elms longer at the start, i moved back home because of covid but the main reason was actually bad social anxiety. If everything is back to normal in september i want to be close to the campus because i want to join clubs and societies and the closest house on student roost is a 20 min walk which i guess is okay its just the student roost house is more expensive. I just dont know what to do.
Hi holly0212,

Try not to panick there is plenty of accomodation in belfast and you will find somwhere
One of my friends lived in student roost this year and said the rooms are nice but it is a bit of an older crowd, those who didn't really want to live with freshers in elms. Have you had a look on facebook? In the Queen's accomodation groups there seem to be a lot of first years who due to Covid haven't found enough people to fill a house, could this be a cheaper and more sociable option?
When I lived in BT2 there were also people who lived in Elms accomodation for second year so that could also be an option.

I hope this helps,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
holly0212
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps)
Hi holly0212,

Try not to panick there is plenty of accomodation in belfast and you will find somwhere
One of my friends lived in student roost this year and said the rooms are nice but it is a bit of an older crowd, those who didn't really want to live with freshers in elms. Have you had a look on facebook? In the Queen's accomodation groups there seem to be a lot of first years who due to Covid haven't found enough people to fill a house, could this be a cheaper and more sociable option?
When I lived in BT2 there were also people who lived in Elms accomodation for second year so that could also be an option.

I hope this helps,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
Hello, I just joined some groups on facebook thank you. There hasn't been any recent messages put up and I'm just worried everyone has got sorted. I don't know anyone in Belfast so I can't even look for a house with someone. Queen's accommodation is already full for returning students. I didn't know people got houses sorted so early I thought it was all done around this time and summer.
Shouston
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey I understand your situation completely covid has made making friends very difficult !! Me and two other students are going to be moving into a nice house in bt9 the lease is from July of this year - July 2022, it’s quite a cheap room especially in comparison to what you would pay for student accommodation (350pm) we need one more flatmate who is preferably a student and up for making friends with us and having a chill house !! If you’re interested you can drop me a PM (Ps. We can call first or you can chat with the other two if it would make you feel more comfortable!)
Shouston
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey holly

(Original post by Shouston)
Hey I understand your situation completely covid has made making friends very difficult !! Me and two other students are going to be moving into a nice house in bt9 the lease is from July of this year - July 2022, it’s quite a cheap room especially in comparison to what you would pay for student accommodation (350pm) we need one more flatmate who is preferably a student and up for making friends with us and having a chill house !! If you’re interested you can drop me a PM (Ps. We can call first or you can chat with the other two if it would make you feel more comfortable!)
Hey holly for some reason I cannot reply to your private message but just to let you know we have already found another student to take the room, I really hope you get sorted soon best of luck!! You could maybe try spare room there are loads of nice students looking for roommates!
holly0212
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Shouston)
Hey holly

Hey holly for some reason I cannot reply to your private message but just to let you know we have already found another student to take the room, I really hope you get sorted soon best of luck!! You could maybe try spare room there are loads of nice students looking for roommates!
No worries i think I'm going to get a room with student roost. Thank you for offering me the room im glad u got it filled
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
42.12%
The paper was reasonable (205)
44.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
8.42%
It was TERRIBLE (24)
5.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed