Rank your GCSEs from easiest to hardest.

Watch
sunny693
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Easiest:

Drama - easy and fun for me! Not much else to say really.

RS - In my opinion, my easiest essay subject. A lot of it is just common sense and making balanced arguments, which I've never found too difficult.

Spanish - Not too difficult for me purely because I copy paste some nice-sounding phrases for writing exams which can get me good marks. Also, listening and reading exams often have multiple-choice questions which means you can always guess if you're stuck.

English - I get that a lot of people find English hard, which I understand completely. For me personally though, I don't find it too difficult.

History - My strongest subject, but it seems to get quite a notorious rep so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and place it as harder than English.

Biology - Some difficult concepts. Certain topics like Ecology are easy for me but others require a lot of memorisation and pure understanding.

Physics - I've never found the Maths-based element of GCSE Physics too tricky, which certainly helps, but topics like light and electromagnetism are some of the hardest topics in any of my GCSEs for me.

Chemistry - In my opinion, the hardest science at GCSE. A lot of memorisation is necessary, and some topics just require a fair amount of brainpower to get through in my opinion. I'm not exactly a STEM guy, as you can see.

Hardest: Maths - I'm aiming for a 7 in Maths so I'm working really hard. It seems to be going well, however I'm placing Maths as the hardest GCSE I do because for me it requires very logical thinking to know where to even start with some of the harder questions in the exam. Also, Circle Theorems exist.
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest: RS
Geography
English
German
Sciences
History
Hardest: Maths
1-800-WAIFU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
easiest to hardest:
english
my local language
commerce
geography
religious knowledge
physics
accounting
biology
chemistry
maths d
aesamira
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest
Business
Art
Geography
English
Re
Spanish
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Further maths
Hardest
Lazypanda15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
easiest

geography
computer science
maths
business
bio
chem
physics
French
English

hardest
Last edited by Lazypanda15; 3 weeks ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest
Maths
Physics
English Language
Geography
History
Add Maths
Latin
Chemistry
French
English Literature
Ancient Greek
Hardest
Last edited by Compost; 3 weeks ago
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny693)
Easiest:

Drama - easy and fun for me! Not much else to say really.

RS - In my opinion, my easiest essay subject. A lot of it is just common sense and making balanced arguments, which I've never found too difficult.

Spanish - Not too difficult for me purely because I copy paste some nice-sounding phrases for writing exams which can get me good marks. Also, listening and reading exams often have multiple-choice questions which means you can always guess if you're stuck.

English - I get that a lot of people find English hard, which I understand completely. For me personally though, I don't find it too difficult.

History - My strongest subject, but it seems to get quite a notorious rep so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and place it as harder than English.

Biology - Some difficult concepts. Certain topics like Ecology are easy for me but others require a lot of memorisation and pure understanding.

Physics - I've never found the Maths-based element of GCSE Physics too tricky, which certainly helps, but topics like light and electromagnetism are some of the hardest topics in any of my GCSEs for me.

Chemistry - In my opinion, the hardest science at GCSE. A lot of memorisation is necessary, and some topics just require a fair amount of brainpower to get through in my opinion. I'm not exactly a STEM guy, as you can see.

Hardest: Maths - I'm aiming for a 7 in Maths so I'm working really hard. It seems to be going well, however I'm placing Maths as the hardest GCSE I do because for me it requires very logical thinking to know where to even start with some of the harder questions in the exam. Also, Circle Theorems exist.
Easiest
Textiles
Latin
Maths
Spanish
Physics
Add Maths
English (english language relies on the exam technique and it's so specific and frustrating lol)
Chemistry
Biology
Hardest
pprana16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest: Maths
Business studies
Spanish
Geography
English literature
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
RS
DT
Hardest: english language
ml12345678
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest: Urdu
Textiles
Ict
English lit
Arabic
biology
English Lang
physics
chem
Hardest: maths
ellaa01
Badges: 15
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest
ICT
Sociology
Geography
English language
English literature
Maths
Biology
Spanish
Physics
Chemistry
Hardest
emek4official
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest to Hardest:
Maths
Religious Education
Biology
English Literature
Spanish
English Language
Chemistry
Physics
Further Maths
Computer Science
Nathaniel911
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest to Hardest:
RE
Product Design
Biology
Maths
Chemistry
English Lit
History
English Lang
Physics
German
Nathaniel911
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maths is actually easy. Do practice questions for about a week and I mean ALOT of practice questions and you can learn the whole syllabus in a few days. You may need to repeat questions again but once you understand the actual process and WHY you do things, then you will be able to ace maths! Good luck to you man!
Salli00
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Easiest:
Religious studies
Maths
PE
Business studies
Chemistry
History
Physics
Biology
English literature
English language
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
easiest to hardest:
Spanish
Geography
English lit
Physics
Chemistry
English Language
Biology
Sociology
Maths
sunny693
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kingjaxter)
Maths is actually easy. Do practice questions for about a week and I mean ALOT of practice questions and you can learn the whole syllabus in a few days. You may need to repeat questions again but once you understand the actual process and WHY you do things, then you will be able to ace maths! Good luck to you man!
Thank you so much for the encouragement man, I appreciate it! Good luck to you for whatever you are currently pursuing
cleveranimal56
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Easiest
-Maths
-English language
-Drama
-English literature
-Chemistry
-Biology
-Religious studies
-Physics
-Geography
-Design tech
-German
Hardest
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Time to open the old CV again to remember my subjects lol.

Easiest

Financial Education
Geography
IT
Biology
English Literature
Business Studies
Chemistry
English Language
Mathematics
Physics

Hardest

By the way, this was already a thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2255820
2003a39
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Easiest to Hardest:

English
Citizenship
Biology
Food Tech
Chemistry
Maths
Business
Physics
History
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Easiest to hardest:
Maths
Latin Language
French
Chemistry
Spanish
Latin Literature
Biology
Physics
Geography
English Literature
English Language (I write too slowly for this sort of paper, in terms of revision required it's probably easiest)

To be honest none of them were particularly hard (I did them in 2017 so pre-reform), so this is basically just a list of how much I hated them :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads