hormistonx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Can someone help me with this question please? I'm a trainee dental nurse.

Explain your understanding of the role of dental professionals and healthcare teams during the delivery of health promotion?
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
DrTSR or Nuttyy can you help?
Last edited by heldbygrace; 3 months ago
DrTSR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hormistonx)

Explain your understanding of the role of dental professionals and healthcare teams during the delivery of health promotion?
Literally no clue lol
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hormistonx)

I think that you need to split it up into pieces.

Firstly, what is it asking you to do?

EXPLAIN what you understand to be

THE ROLE of

DENTAL PROFESSIONALS & HEALTHCARE TEAMS during

THE DELIVERY OF HEALTH PROMOTION

I think that it is asking you to describe how dental professionals and healthcare teams contribute to the delivery of health promotion messages.

My only problem is knowing what is meant by 'health promotion' in this specific context.

As this is about the dental environment, I am inclined to think about areas of health promotion ie positive encouragement to patients so that they will adopt healthier ways of caring for themselves which are relevant to dental care; there are advantages to this from several perspectives. One is that encouraging healthy self care is inherently a good thing; the other perspective is that better self care means a lower need to access valuable resources such as time with a dentist or a GP.

I suppose that something you might imagine could be having various leaflets in the dental practice. If a patient said that she was pregnant, for instance, you could offer a leaflet about dental care during pregnancy and how important it is; at a later date, you could offer a leaflet about dental care for infants just developing teeth.

Something else which might happen may be if a patient has teeth badly stained by nicotine. Might there be a way of offering a leaflet about giving up smoking and a link to an online support group?

Ask yourself the question "how can I, as a dental nurse, improve the health of the patients who come to our dental surgery"? That will open up ideas in your mind about how your team, the dentists, hygienists etc can promote good health in the people who come to you for treatment.
Last edited by Kerzen; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.56%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.94%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.38%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.31%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (31)
9.69%
Financial worries (22)
6.88%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.94%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.5%

Watched Threads