The Student Room Group

Black lives matter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by looloo2134
There NO such thing as black on black crime or white on white crime people who are the victim crime are most like to hurt by someone they knows or family member eg the same skin colour. People from different part of world do not get along in London gangs from different part of world fight each other but it not about skin colour it culture and poor parenting.

I hope you feel the same about 200 unarm poor mainly working class white men killed by the police or the white sixteen year boy murdered in black middle class area by black university educated home owner. (The black man who shoot the boy was not even arrested because he claimed home owner rights and boy walk through the area home in the evening).

There is such thing as black on black violence. and that's ONE example of a black man...there are waaaaaay more instances of white people killing black kids and teenagers...
Original post by theycallmegigi
There is such thing as black on black violence. and that's ONE example of a black man...there are waaaaaay more instances of white people killing black kids and teenagers...

If you look at America you find that black people killed more white people than the other way round but it only hit the the news when a white person kill a black person even when has nothing to do with skin colour. It almost as if the media is saying a white person who murdered by black person life is not worth as much black person killed my white person. I sure you agree that all murder victims life are important as each other whatever skin colour.

I do not believe their such a thing as black on black crime just human on human crime.
(edited 2 years ago)
If you look at America you find that black people killed more white people than the other way round but it only hit the the news when a white person kill a black person even when has nothing to do with skin colour. It almost as if the media is saying a white person who murdered by black person life is not worth as much black person killed my white person. I sure you agree that all murder victims life are important as each other whatever skin colour.

I do not believe their such a thing as black on black crime just human on human crime.

okay. you are entitled to your opinon.
I have a few questions for you.
1. Are you black?
2. How is targeting a certain area with drugs and gun violence NOT systematic racisim
3. What "problems" do you have? Because If you're black, and you're saying stuff like that, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you're not black, then I maybe can understand and sypathise with you, because you can't understand something that you don't live.

1. I'm black
2. Its like saying oh, this person was killed because they were black when you know nothing about the situation. If someone or bad actors push in drugs and gun violence then its not always to do with race. Its usually to do with class as plenty of poor white communities are affected with high crime rates, some of which is purposefully neglecting these communities due to their low status, wealth and class
3. Why should I be ashamed, one being ashamed because someone else told them to is telling me to be ashamed because of my opinion and voice ??
Original post by FairyVibes
1. I'm black
2. Its like saying oh, this person was killed because they were black when you know nothing about the situation. If someone or bad actors push in drugs and gun violence then its not always to do with race. Its usually to do with class as plenty of poor white communities are affected with high crime rates, some of which is purposefully neglecting these communities due to their low status, wealth and class
3. Why should I be ashamed, one being ashamed because someone else told them to is telling me to be ashamed because of my opinion and voice ??

Racisim exsists in more areas than you actually think it does. You not ackowledgeing that makes you apart of the problem, and it's extremely insensitve to those people who died for us and the ones who encouraged us to fight for our freedom. I have nothing against you as a person, and I hope this conversation doesn't make you think that, but I do think that you don't really know about systematic racisim either because you haven't been taught or because you haven't experienced it, and I can't hold that against you. I apologize if anything I said offended you in an way shape or form(I tend to get carried away on this topic), for this was not my intention.

with love,
Gigi :smile:
Racisim exsists in more areas than you actually think it does. You not ackowledgeing that makes you apart of the problem, and it's extremely insensitve to those people who died for us and the ones who encouraged us to fight for our freedom. I have nothing against you as a person, and I hope this conversation doesn't make you think that, but I do think that you don't really know about systematic racisim either because you haven't been taught or because you haven't experienced it, and I can't hold that against you. I apologize if anything I said offended you in an way shape or form(I tend to get carried away on this topic), for this was not my intention.

with love,
Gigi :smile:

no doubt racism exists, can PoC and Black people be racist?
Original post by Sha-ney-ney
no doubt racism exists, can PoC and Black people be racist?

yes....you don't have to be white to be racist, but that doesn't mean that systematically racisim is towards black people/POC.
yes....you don't have to be white to be racist, but that doesn't mean that systematically racisim is towards black people/POC.

so what do you mean about systematic racism? Is the system to blame or who is administrating the system what exactly? Do you mean that systematic racism can't ever be against white people? Can you tighten up what you mean so that I understand?

O and google it isn't a cogent argument.
okay. you are entitled to your opinon.

It's not opinion; it's backed by facts.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mahavir
It's not opinion; it's backed by facts.

Original post by FairyVibes
1. I'm black

Poor people are no more likely to deal or take drug than richer people in fact if you look tiny number of people who near been employed they do less drugs than other groups. The group that do the most drug are the riches 10% black or white but their not effected by the violent crime that their fun causes. Just look at the nice middle class kids at university who do and deal drugs.

America does seem have more of class system than Britain having stayed there and visits around ten states if your poor their your worst off than in Britain but also having been Canada I say Canada worst than America for homeless people.
(edited 2 years ago)
Poor people are no more likely to deal or take drug than richer people in fact if you look tiny number of people who near been employed they do less drugs than other groups. The group that do the most drug are the riches 10% black or white but their not effected by the violent crime that their fun causes. Just look at the nice middle class kids at university who do and deal drugs.

America does seem have more of class system than Britain having stayed there and visits around ten states if your poor their your worst off than in Britain but also having been Canada I say Canada worst than America for homeless people.

Source?

Exactly! You doing drugs doesn't matter if you're white or black or asain or latino or blue or green, doing and dealing drugs is about money not about you as a person.

so what do you mean about systematic racism? Is the system to blame or who is administrating the system what exactly? Do you mean that systematic racism can't ever be against white people? Can you tighten up what you mean so that I understand?

O and google it isn't a cogent argument.

who said anything about google???? Anyways to clarify, systematic racism is very rarely against white people. Have you ever noticed the when too many black families(3 or 4) move into a nice neighborhood, within 2 years all the white people move out. And it's hard to really explain this because they aren't reporting on it, they know it exsists they just don't want you beliveing in it. For example, the insurection that happened at the capitol building(in America) 4 trump fans died at that capitol...how many people have died protesting for black lives matter. And they weren't doing half of that stuff. Everybody knows that If those were black people, they would've been shot up 5 blocks before they got to the capitol buliding. But it's crazy how nobody shot a bullet. That's a system thing. The fact that the national guard wasn't called there until AFTER the people left, that shows that it starts from the top and trickles on down through every law enforcement system into everyday life.

that song is so disrespectful on a whole different level. Like I said before, black on black violence has nothing to do with police brutality and systematic racisim. Black on black violence is a different issue for a different thread, and whoever this Topher guy is has od=bviously not experienced it for himself, so it makes it hard for him to understand. I do understand some of what he's saying, but the rest is just lies. Black on black violence is true, but it's just as true as systematic racisim. (No disrespect intended, I'm just very strong willed)
that song is so disrespectful on a whole different level. Like I said before, black on black violence has nothing to do with police brutality and systematic racisim. Black on black violence is a different issue for a different thread, and whoever this Topher guy is has od=bviously not experienced it for himself, so it makes it hard for him to understand. I do understand some of what he's saying, but the rest is just lies. Black on black violence is true, but it's just as true as systematic racisim. (No disrespect intended, I'm just very strong willed)

No your not strong-willed you are intellectually weak.
No your not strong-willed you are intellectually weak.

I'm just stating my opinion on the subject as respectfully as possible, yet you're being so rude...and you can say what you want to, but I know my level of knowledge adn maturity and you just showed yours.
Reply 56
Exactly! You doing drugs doesn't matter if you're white or black or asain or latino or blue or green, doing and dealing drugs is about money not about you as a person.

I dont see how doing drugs is about money, outside of the initial outlay. Its about escapism, having fun, experimenting, medicating onesself etc.
That being said, there is a racial dimension to drug use (at least in America) with opiates being a favourite of Caucasian's and crack of blacks - for whatever reason. Doesnt really mean much but an interesting observation if nothing else.
Original post by Napp
I dont see how doing drugs is about money, outside of the initial outlay. Its about escapism, having fun, experimenting, medicating onesself etc.
That being said, there is a racial dimension to drug use (at least in America) with opiates being a favourite of Caucasian's and crack of blacks - for whatever reason. Doesnt really mean much but an interesting observation if nothing else.

I can see what you're saying, but I was trying to say that you don't have to be black to take drugs which is kinda what it seemed like others were implying. Very good observation. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending