Kennykrays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello Everyone!

Here’s a thread for students in the Oxford MSc African studies. It is a small group but I think it will be nice to know everyone before meeting again in the fall 😊
Last edited by Kennykrays; 3 months ago
Iyanuloluwa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello everyone!

Good to be here. Any word about funding yet 😅
Livontheedge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Iyanuloluwa)
Hello everyone!

Good to be here. Any word about funding yet 😅
Hi everyone!

Nice to meet everyone! I asked about funding and I was told I wasn't nominated for any departmental funding :') But best of luck to y'all!
Are you guys definitely doing this program?
Iyanuloluwa
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Livontheedge)
Hi everyone!

Nice to meet everyone! I asked about funding and I was told I wasn't nominated for any departmental funding :') But best of luck to y'all!
Are you guys definitely doing this program?
Oh okay. I didn't know we were even privy to that information. Really hopeful to get a letter this week. I am definitely going for the programme.

Thank you !
Livontheedge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Iyanuloluwa)
Oh okay. I didn't know we were even privy to that information. Really hopeful to get a letter this week. I am definitely going for the programme.

Thank you !
You might want to email them and ask! I asked the Dr Miles Tendi I got an offer in January (November deadline) so thought I had a good shot at funding but alas, competition is fierce.

I'm not sure I'll be going for the programme myself as I prefer the Cambridge one more. I've heard some people are on the waitlist so hopefully they can get my spot!
Iyanuloluwa
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Livontheedge)
You might want to email them and ask! I asked the Dr Miles Tendi I got an offer in January (November deadline) so thought I had a good shot at funding but alas, competition is fierce.

I'm not sure I'll be going for the programme myself as I prefer the Cambridge one more. I've heard some people are on the waitlist so hopefully they can get my spot!
Oh really,

Thanks for the tip. I really am skeptical about emailing the department but I think I'll just email them to be clear on my funding options.

I wish you would still come to Oxford but it's all good. 😊 . Hopeful for the best.
Kennykrays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey y’all, just thought I would give an update. I have withdrawn my acceptance from the MSc African studies program and will apply again next year. Hopefully, it opens up space for folks on the wait list.

All the best. 💖
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.92%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.21%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.33%
I'm really nervous (60)
20.55%

Watched Threads