TjaidN
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Radical reactions are responsible for the catalysed breakdown of the ozone layer.

The overall equation is shown below:

2O3→3O2
ΔrH=-284kJmol-1
The molar gas volume in the ozone layer is approximately 2.5m3
mol-1
What is the energy release, in kJ, during the breakdown of 1.0m
of ozone in the ozone layer?
rxda
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Have you figured it out I'm curious lol
rxda
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm thinking maybe you would scale it out if 2.5m3 is 284kj maybe to get in 1m3 its 284/2.5
I doubt that's right lol
TjaidN
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by rxda)
Have you figured it out I'm curious lol
I’m thinking because u have the gas constant as 2.5 instead of normally 24 and u already have the concentration and volume, you do 1/2.5 x -284?
MDA 5
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
From what I think, because the molar gas volume is 2.5m3 per mole and there are 2 moles of ozone being broken down, if you do 2 times 2.5, this gives 5. So instead of 284 divided by 2.5 it would be 284 divided by 5 because 2 moles of ozone is broken down and 2.5m3mol-1 only applies to one mole.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (15)
27.27%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (28)
50.91%
First aid skills (2)
3.64%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.82%
Sign language (8)
14.55%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.82%

Watched Threads