Turn on thread page Beta

Insomnia watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ve always had problems with sleeping, but have resisted the temptation of taking sleeping tablets again. The last time my doctor prescribed them – they made me feel very groggy and I also thought I was seeing clearly in the dark. I'm still not getting as much sleep as I'd like, have tried absolutely everything and must accept I'm a night creature, and prefer to sleep a few hours during the day (although being at Uni almost all day it's a bit difficult).

ReputationRep:
    Ive had this problem for ages, I dont know what it is, Im not under any stress. I dont sleep at all, whereas my mates sleep longer than necessary. My family can sleep all day if they had to.

ReputationRep:
    I have been seeing that I cannot actually get to sleep much before 2 normally, it is really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    um judging by the number of posts in this thread i'd say you all spend too much time sitting in front of a computer!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that is almost definatly what is for me lol

I normally go to bed fairly early 10pm-11pm but it isn't normally until like 1am at least before I can actually get in any sleep. Weird

ReputationRep:
    heh i usually goto sleep at about 2am no matter what time i physically goto my bed but im not fatigued or anything when i wake up. it just seems impossible for me to sleep at anytime before that, i dont know why and i dont really care. i can go with 5 hours sleep a night with no problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Does anyone else have major problems getting to sleep? I never seem to be able to sleep before 1 or 2am and my friends at school seem to be in bed by 10.30pm...Sometimes they come in, saying:
    "OMG I am sooooooo tired, I went to bed at....11.30 last night OMG! I was doing my coursework!!!"...
    I just sit there, like "Hmmm yeah...Oh, you must be tired..."
    So, any tips for getting to sleep?? (problem is: I don't have enough time to do everything before, say 12...)
    i can NEVER get to sleep until after around 3.15am. Even when i go to bed at 11 or somethin or im tired i just can't sleep. its ok though since i only need to be up at 8.00 most days i know some people get up at 6.30

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.