Lancaster Uni MA (commute from Manchester)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone!
Starting an MA next at Lancaster Uni and I was thinking of commuting from Manchester. My course is in humanities so I don't expect they'll be a lot of contact hours...
I am thinking as a postgrad there might not be a massive social life at the uni anyway? I was wondering if anyone could share their experience of being a postgrad at Lancaster? Was commuting an option for you?
Thanks in advance x!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone!
Starting an MA next at Lancaster Uni and I was thinking of commuting from Manchester. My course is in humanities so I don't expect they'll be a lot of contact hours...
I am thinking as a postgrad there might not be a massive social life at the uni anyway? I was wondering if anyone could share their experience of being a postgrad at Lancaster? Was commuting an option for you?
Thanks in advance x!
Hi Anonymous,

I'm a current undergraduate student at Lancaster, so can't give you any direct experiences - all I can say is that in many of the societies/activities I've done there are many postgraduate students getting involved and joining in! Many live on campus (where there's always something going on for everyone) and in the city as well; if you'd like to speak directly to some postgraduates, click here and filter by postgraduate!

It really depends what kind of experience you're after, if you want a social life at Lancaster as a postgraduate I'm sure you'd find some likeminded people. I would really recommend speaking with a few students on that link above to see what their firsthand experience is If you have any other questions for me, don't hesitate to ask!

Charlie
2nd Year BSc Finance & Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (82)
35.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (37)
16.23%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.39%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (23)
10.09%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (27)
11.84%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
12.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
9.21%

Watched Threads