emek4official
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am currently in Year 12 studying Biology, Maths and Drama.
But I want to possibly study English Literature and Film/Media Studies A Levels during my gap year.
Are there any places online where I can do fast track A Levels for FREE?
Last edited by emek4official; 7 months ago
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by emek4official)
I am currently in Year 12 studying Biology, Maths and Drama.
But I want to possibly study English Literature and Film/Media Studies A Levels during my gap year.
Are there any places online where I can do fast track A Levels for FREE?
Fast track courses tend to be for revision and resits. You can do your A Levels in 1 year, as I'm doing 2 online and I am about to finish them within 1 year of starting.

To my knowledge, there are no places online where you can do A Levels for free. A Levels are full on 300 hour courses. You would be hard press to cover the entire syllabus of any A Level at no cost. Even if you do decide not to take up courses with any colleges, you are still looking at basic study material, which alone can cost £100.

The cheapest I have seen for online A Levels start from £300 for the course at online college alone (not including the exams and admin fees of the exam centre).

My question is why you would want to do those particular A Levels? If you want to study Literature, Drama, Theatre, or Film at uni, I can understand why you would want them at A Level.
emek4official
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by MindMax2000)
Fast track courses tend to be for revision and resits. You can do your A Levels in 1 year, as I'm doing 2 online and I am about to finish them within 1 year of starting.

To my knowledge, there are no places online where you can do A Levels for free. A Levels are full on 300 hour courses. You would be hard press to cover the entire syllabus of any A Level at no cost. Even if you do decide not to take up courses with any colleges, you are still looking at basic study material, which alone can cost £100.

The cheapest I have seen for online A Levels start from £300 for the course at online college alone (not including the exams and admin fees of the exam centre).

My question is why you would want to do those particular A Levels? If you want to study Literature, Drama, Theatre, or Film at uni, I can understand why you would want them at A Level.
Well I want to do Film or Drama at university. So I thought those other A Levels would help. However, I don't NEED English and Film to do the course I just wanted to have it. Thank you though, I might not do Online A Levels anymore.
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 months ago

Hi, if you dont mind me asking how are you studying a-levels online. I have researched and found from a few sources that online courses arent very useful. Instead I was wondering whether it was possible to study 3 a-levels online with some tutor support, study material and online resources (youtube, study websites and past papers)
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by meymey:))
Hi, if you dont mind me asking how are you studying a-levels online. I have researched and found from a few sources that online courses arent very useful. Instead I was wondering whether it was possible to study 3 a-levels online with some tutor support, study material and online resources (youtube, study websites and past papers)
I would be downloading PDF files from the college's website. As far as I know, there aren't videos or online classrooms where the teachers go through the material. You will get tutor support for any questions that you have. You will also be set assignments for measures of your progress, and possibly assessed grades if exams end up getting cancelled again.
You will be recommended to use online resources (those you have mentioned) for additional support and practice anyway. Sometimes, they can be referred to for additional practice questions or material to look over.
You can do as many A Levels online that you want, but the costs will add up, and the time you have can be severely constrained. If they are not your first set of A Levels (i.e. this is not your first time going through sixth form), then they are a good alternative to doing them at an adult college, which can be rare if they do offer A Levels. If it is your first time, I recommend going through the sixth form route as opposed to the online college.
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I would be downloading PDF files from the college's website. As far as I know, there aren't videos or online classrooms where the teachers go through the material. You will get tutor support for any questions that you have. You will also be set assignments for measures of your progress, and possibly assessed grades if exams end up getting cancelled again.
You will be recommended to use online resources (those you have mentioned) for additional support and practice anyway. Sometimes, they can be referred to for additional practice questions or material to look over.
You can do as many A Levels online that you want, but the costs will add up, and the time you have can be severely constrained. If they are not your first set of A Levels (i.e. this is not your first time going through sixth form), then they are a good alternative to doing them at an adult college, which can be rare if they do offer A Levels. If it is your first time, I recommend going through the sixth form route as opposed to the online college.
oh okay thanks
Booknerd90
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Who are you studying with and how do you find it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads