The Student Room Group

Open study college 2021

Hi,
Is anyone studying with open study college and supposed to be taking exams this year?
Because of covid I have been told along with my tutor marked assignments, I have to also sit 3 assessments. I was told this on the 25th March and all I have been told is that they will take place between 26 April and 29 May. Everything so far has been so disorganised and now this has been sprung on me. In all honesty I feel as though I am being messed around. Is anyone else studying with them this year? If so please tell me how your a levels are being graded?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am in the same boat as you; having to do 3 assessments between 26 April and 29 May, I haven’t heard anything either, still not yet received the actual date for the assessments, hopefully we receive them this week!

Edited to say I have contacted OSC today and have been told the centre are finalising timetables and should be sending them to us in the next few days.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Beth19964
Hi, I am in the same boat as you; having to do 3 assessments between 26 April and 29 May, I haven’t heard anything either, still not yet received the actual date for the assessments, hopefully we receive them this week!

Edited to say I have contacted OSC today and have been told the centre are finalising timetables and should be sending them to us in the next few days.

Yes I have also been told something similar when I contacted them. I think they may probably will get back to us on Friday. So far alot of the emails were sent on Friday. I'm doing a level biology and maths with them, how about you?
Original post by Maisy_Crazy
Yes I have also been told something similar when I contacted them. I think they may probably will get back to us on Friday. So far alot of the emails were sent on Friday. I'm doing a level biology and maths with them, how about you?

Fingers crossed we hear something soon, would be lovely to have more than a weeks notice.
I’m doing psychology and Biology with them.
My assessments are for psychology and I have deferred my Biology exams until Autumn.
Reply 4
Fingers crossed we hear something soon, would be lovely to have more than a weeks notice.
I’m doing psychology and Biology with them.
My assessments are for psychology and I have deferred my Biology exams until Autumn.

Hi,
I was just wondering if you have heard anything from OSC? I've recieves no email or phone call. I'm a bit worried as I'm having some issues with my emails, in the past my tutors sometimes were not recieving my emails.
Hi,
I was just wondering if you have heard anything from OSC? I've recieves no email or phone call. I'm a bit worried as I'm having some issues with my emails, in the past my tutors sometimes were not recieving my emails.

Hi,

I have received absolutely nothing!
I emailed both OSC and the exam centre for an update yesterday but didn’t receive anything from that either.
Reply 6
Hi,

I have received absolutely nothing!
I emailed both OSC and the exam centre for an update yesterday but didn’t receive anything from that either.

Hi

Have you received any information? I have emailed them both also, and have been phoning OSC. They told me we should have recieved an email on Wednesday 28, but when I didn't I phoned again and I was told they were not sure what was going on. It's so confusing and honestly has my anxiety sky high.
Hi

Have you received any information? I have emailed them both also, and have been phoning OSC. They told me we should have recieved an email on Wednesday 28, but when I didn't I phoned again and I was told they were not sure what was going on. It's so confusing and honestly has my anxiety sky high.

Oh dear that’s awful!
I have actually received my date and times from OSC, I received them on Tuesday.

I rang the exam centre on Monday and asked them why I hadn’t heard, they reassured me that my name was on the list for the assessment, she also told me that they were sending the assessment timetable to OSC that afternoon, I would give them a call, they’re lovely and really helpful and hopefully will be able to clear things up for you, terrible response from OSC!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Oh dear that’s awful!
I have actually received my date and times from OSC, I received them on Tuesday.

I rang the exam centre on Monday and asked them why I hadn’t heard, they reassured me that my name was on the list for the assessment, she also told me that they were sending the assessment timetable to OSC that afternoon, I would give them a call, they’re lovely and really helpful and hopefully will be able to clear things up for you, terrible response from OSC!

How long do you have until your assessment start? Also which centre are you using I know there are three I'm using the Birmingham one
How long do you have until your assessment start? Also which centre are you using I know there are three I'm using the Birmingham one

Same, what exams are you doing?

Legit 2 weeks left and I’m not prepared

I’m doing 3 assessments at the Birmingham centre also; my first one is this coming Wednesday, the following Friday and then the Tuesday after that
I’m doing 3 assessments at the Birmingham centre also; my first one is this coming Wednesday, the following Friday and then the Tuesday after that

Is it the English and maths centre ?
Also what exams will you be doing
Original post by Maari_am
Is it the English and maths centre ?
Also what exams will you be doing

I think it’s at the AEC so not sure if it’s the same one? I’m doing psychology
Original post by Maari_am
Same, what exams are you doing?

Legit 2 weeks left and I’m not prepared

Biology and maths but I've recieved no dates yet
I think it’s at the AEC so not sure if it’s the same one? I’m doing psychology

I'm supposed to sit them with aec aswell
I'm supposed to sit them with aec aswell

Are you doing A level biology at the AEC?
Are you doing A level biology at the AEC?

Yes and a level maths
Yes and a level maths

They’ve sent a excel sheet with all of the exam topics and the dates for the assessments; I don’t know why you haven’t received one but I can see that biology is down for Thursday 6th May and 17th May.
Maths depends on whether you’re doing further maths or just maths - further is also on 6th May and maths is 7th May.
Maybe they’re doing two different intakes and you’ve been allocated to the second one?
Regardless they should be contacting you!
(edited 2 years ago)
They’ve sent a excel sheet with all of the exam topics and the dates for the assessments; I don’t know why you haven’t received one but I can see that biology is down for Thursday 6th May and 17th May.
Maths depends on whether you’re doing further maths or just maths - further is also on 6th May and maths is 7th May.
Maybe they’re doing two different intakes and you’ve been allocated to the second one?
Regardless they should be contacting you!

Hi I just phoned and found out that your right and they are starting next week. I'm relieved that I know now but really stressed out considering how long I have left.
By the way do you think they will just be old exam papers?
Also shouldn't they be telling us of any prerequisites before attending the assessments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending