The Student Room Group

My life is falling apart on me

The title seemed dramatic but it got your attention right?? ahh

So as you know there are central assessed grades and Im in year 11.

I haven't been academically bright too be honest with you.
I missed out on majority of my year 10 lessons because of personal issues and I couldn't come in school.

My behaviour in school isn't astonishing.

I had the whole easter holiday too plan what I wanted too be and it was last minute.

These are the Gcse Im doing:
Maths (foundation)
Science Combined Double (foundation)
English lit
English lang
French
R.E
Computer science
History

Out of all of them I know for a fact i'm going too fail computer science as I'm not that confident in it.

I feel as if in the MAY mocks coming up I'll do well in my Subjects except computing.

I also know I'll do good in science mocks.

I did badly on majority of my science 'assessment' before covid.

And the bizarre thing... while I was in lockdown I found myself truly and what my aspirations were.

I found that I wanted too be a surgeon or be a doctor and make a difference.

Yh ik bizarre.

I emailed my science teacher asking if I can do 'science higher' but she has said 'no' because it was 'too late' and she didn't have evidence for me to do higher paper and I needed too receive a grade '6/6' in science or more too do A-level Biology and Chemistry (what I wanted too do in college).

This isn't going too happen.

In the lockdown I independently studied the whole science GCSE and it was easy, I understood it all. I was revising from triple science books even though I was doing combined science for GCSE.

My science teacher won't let me do higher and I don't know what too do.

If I retook Science and did the actual higher paper will I be able too do A-levels Biology and chemistry, or will that delay everything as I will be retaking it in college and right now I'm not able too do A-level science courses as I don't meet the entry requirements.

I don't know....
unless I proceed into a different course

At first I wanted too be a lawyer.... but it seemed basic and everyone was doing it then I decided I wanted too be a surgeon or doctor but thats not going too work.

I feel as if I should've planned this in advance in year 10 but I didn't.

Any advice??
For now focus on getting the highest grades possible and try to speak to a science teacher (face to face would be better) and note the questions you have before speaking to
Them for
Advice.
You seem really sure of yourself but poor at planning and subject to swiftly changing interests. Have a period of reflection on this.
Reply 3
I didn't achieve the grades I needed to study A level chemistry, but I emailed my sixth form and they put me on probation so they could make sure I was up to it, which allowed me to study it anyway. Maybe you could try that?

A word of warning though - A level biology and chemistry are a HUGE step up from GCSE and you need to think about whether you'll realistically be able to keep up and if you'll really put the work in. If you want to study medicine at university, you'll need top grades which aren't easy to achieve.
Reply 4
Original post by DepressedLife
For now focus on getting the highest grades possible and try to speak to a science teacher (face to face would be better) and note the questions you have before speaking to
Them for
Advice.

Original post by Skatie
I didn't achieve the grades I needed to study A level chemistry, but I emailed my sixth form and they put me on probation so they could make sure I was up to it, which allowed me to study it anyway. Maybe you could try that?

A word of warning though - A level biology and chemistry are a HUGE step up from GCSE and you need to think about whether you'll realistically be able to keep up and if you'll really put the work in. If you want to study medicine at university, you'll need top grades which aren't easy to achieve.

Original post by Anonymous
You seem really sure of yourself but poor at planning and subject to swiftly changing interests. Have a period of reflection on this.

Thank you for helping me out here,
Im still indecisive of what I want too do in the future.

I reflected and I still do not know.
Its mainly courses in college that I need too think about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending