The Student Room Group

Is it the best choice to be friends with him?

Hey there, me and my bf borke up after 5 months together due to my trust issues. When he broke up with me I begged and pleased a lot and then he said it would best if we take a break to see if I have changed with the possibility of us getting back together. The break was agreed for one month and we agreed to talk on the phone when he can. He almost called me every morning to see how i am etc and we always had a good time chatting. Today he mentioned that it might be best that we stay friends as he says he is not ready to be in relationship again. He is not emotionally ready after what happened. He said he loves me and don't want to lose me that's why he wants the friendship. He said we could go out and do stuff together as friends and chat every day. He also said that he doesn't want to be with anyone and if he does then it would be me when he wants a relationship . I'm so confused with this as he mentioned this to me today I confronted him saying that we took a break to see if I have changed and its seems as if he has already made his mind up. He said he doesn't want to argue and for me to accept it and that he doesn't want to lose me. My bday is July and he said he has already planning my gift and we will celebrate it together. He also said we would meet up often as lockdown has eased now and spend time together. I feel sad as I really love him and don't want to lose him. I thought we would get together after the break is done. What is he on about or am I missing something? We had a strong relationship where he said he wants to marry me and have kids with me and we loved each other very much.
Reply 1
Gurl, 5 months and all that?! If you're happy to live your life based around whatever he wants, which you shouldn't be, then sure you should remain friends.
But what you should actually do is move on. Personally I wouldn't remain friends as it just sounds way too complicated after a mere 5 months. Keep working on yourself, but settle for a guy who isn't forcing his terms on you.
I don't like to assume, but you sound quite young, so I don't think you need to think about settling at all for now. Time heals, you'll get over this one and probably many more after.
I think you should probably just move on completely.
agree to be friends with him if you would be ok with that and meet up and hang out whenever but give it some time before you tell him again how you feel and then eventually you can ask him if there's a chance of a relationship again, i cant offer proper advice really cos every time i have a break up i cut all ties with them to save any trouble that could happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending