how the hell do you guys get high marks in socio

Watch
//yoyo//
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
i took IGCSE sociology [0495] and always had trouble structuring my answers, do you have any tips?. And how do you know what specific points would match the marking scheme and which won't? does an example counts as a point?.
Thanks in advance ;D
#anonymous_user
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This might not be helpful but I do gcse socio and same! It’s so hard getting top marks in essay questions for me bc I don’t know how to structure it.
Our teacher has given us a structure to use, but personally it don’t really work for me. Basically for each paragraph she said to begin it with application of your answer to the question, then follow it with your knowledge of sociologists/theorists/key words/concepts, then follow that with evaluation of your point, and then finish with application and link back to the question. Then repeat the same for the counter argument, and do it as many times needed. Generally I have two three arguments with counter arguments for a 15 marker. Also a conclusion.
Idk if this will be helpful at all, personally I don’t like it idk why, but hope you find something that works!
//yoyo//
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by #anonymous_user)
This might not be helpful but I do gcse socio and same! It’s so hard getting top marks in essay questions for me bc I don’t know how to structure it.
Our teacher has given us a structure to use, but personally it don’t really work for me. Basically for each paragraph she said to begin it with application of your answer to the question, then follow it with your knowledge of sociologists/theorists/key words/concepts, then follow that with evaluation of your point, and then finish with application and link back to the question. Then repeat the same for the counter argument, and do it as many times needed. Generally I have two three arguments with counter arguments for a 15 marker. Also a conclusion.
Idk if this will be helpful at all, personally I don’t like it idk why, but hope you find something that works!
its is helpful, thanks!. Same man, i also dont like it much, when it comes to class discussions it gets interesting but once the teacher explains what we have to do in the exam some of my brain cells burn. Good luck, i will try to update you if i found something
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by //yoyo//)
its is helpful, thanks!. Same man, i also dont like it much, when it comes to class discussions it gets interesting but once the teacher explains what we have to do in the exam some of my brain cells burn. Good luck, i will try to update you if i found something
Thank you!
chioma_alexia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
use revisesociology it helped me a lot!!! very useful website
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by chioma_alexia)
use revisesociology it helped me a lot!!! very useful website
hey, sorry for interrupting, ik im not the person who started this thread, but I was wondering how you structure your answers, in particular the 15 markers?
chioma_alexa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I made something hope its useful
Attached files
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by chioma_alexa)
this is really helpful! Thank you sm! 💕
//yoyo//
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by chioma_alexa)
Thank you alot!!!
Last edited by //yoyo//; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads