julesx323
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I got my offer for LSE yesterday and I'm so confused con where to apply for accommodation. I want a hall that will give me a social life but also not too expensive. I'm also confused on what catered actually covers bc I kind of want to cook some of my own meals.

I've heard bankside is quite good but its catered so I'm really stuck.
zaqzswxswxde
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
As far as I know, catered typically covers 5 evening meals and a brunch. Most, if not all, catered accommodation does also have access to some form of kitchen facilities (referred to at Passfield where I've booked as a 'shared snack point').

In terms of low expense, I think the cheapest options, largely by virtue of the fact that they offer 31 week contracts, are Passfield, Carr-Saunders, and Rosebery.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Yes, catered covers dinners from Sunday to Friday and a brunch on Saturday If you log into the booking system you can compare the price range. The way the halls are set up, Carr Saunders is definitely the most social one because households are generally quite big and always have a kitchen with tables. You can get lucky in any hall, but there's not always a given that your household will be super social
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise