Does the film the 40-year-old virgin promote toxic stereotypes? SPOILER ALERT

Watch
Kovalensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The guy sells his action figure collection (which is cool af btw) to get 500K so that he can finance a wedding ceremony (?), become ''serious'' (whatever the **** that means?) and have The Sex.

Tell me why that film isn't complete rubbish. I hear ya.
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Never watched it and now I'm not gonna considering he sells his action figure collection.

The nerd in me is disappointed :noway:
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No.
I don't view spending 500k on a wedding as a toxic sterotype.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Films that promote any stereotypes, funny racism, or any controversial subjects are becoming rarer every day

I think it is a pretty funny film and people that complain about these things are those who are making the entertainment industry dry

I totally understand if it isn't your cup of tea but I really don't see the need to complain about it

Because let's be honest here.... your using the fact that it promotes stereotypes simply to express the fact that you dislike this kind of humor...
Kovalensky
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt_)
Never watched it and now I'm not gonna considering he sells his action figure collection.

The nerd in me is disappointed :noway:
TLDW;

Basically, collecting action figures means you are not ''mature'' and the time must come when you will have to sell your collection, renounce your hobbies and become more basic than ketchup and chips -- all in order to get laid.
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kovalensky)
TLDW;

Basically, collecting action figures means you are not ''mature'' and the time must come when you will have to sell your collection, renounce your hobbies and become more basic than ketchup and chips -- all in order to get laid.
Yeah **** that :lol:
Kovalensky
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
I don't view spending 500k on a wedding as a toxic sterotype.
Obviously, I hope, he didn't actually throw the entire 500K for the wedding ceremony but definitely part of that went into it as it was luxurious AF and he was a lower middle class kind of guy.
Kovalensky
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
Films that promote any stereotypes, funny racism, or any controversial subjects are becoming rarer every day

I think it is a pretty funny film and people that complain about these things are those who are making the entertainment industry dry

I totally understand if it isn't your cup of tea but I really don't see the need to complain about it

Because let's be honest here.... your using the fact that it promotes stereotypes simply to express the fact that you dislike this kind of humor...
I am completely in favour of Hollywood people making **** films, I am against censorship and the PC culture in general.

That doesn't mean I won't think the film is utter ********.
Allie4
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
don't movies usually tend to stereotype?

I mean why else does Melissa McCarthy always get funny roles?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (249)
75.23%
No (82)
24.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed