Girlbyeee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
‘Divorce is acceptable under certain circumstances’ what can i write in order to achieve top marks? I need an agree and disagree and religious teachings and quotes please can someone help thankyou
DepressedLife
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You haven’t specified which religion lol or is this in general?
Girlbyeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by DepressedLife)
You haven’t specified which religion lol or is this in general?
What Christians believe what muslims believe etc... I really neef help i would appreciate it alot
DepressedLife
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Girlbyeee)
What Christians believe what muslims believe etc... I really neef help i would appreciate it alot
You can search the circumstances regarding divorce for each religion on Google, Ik I didn’t u give the direct answer but that should start you off
trusfratedblink
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
‘Divorce is acceptable under certain circumstances’ what can i write in order to achieve top marks? I need an agree and disagree and religious teachings and quotes please can someone help thankyou
use the PEDAL structure, I went from a Grade 4 in GCSE to a Grade 9 using this method
P=Point
E= Evidence
D= Depth
A= Analysis
L= Link to your next paragraph

use more than one quotation and make sure you do two pedal paragraphs for agree and two pedal paragraphs for disagree
hope this helps!
Girlbyeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by trusfratedblink)
use the PEDAL structure, I went from a Grade 4 in GCSE to a Grade 9 using this method
P=Point
E= Evidence
D= Depth
A= Analysis
L= Link to your next paragraph

use more than one quotation and make sure you do two pedal paragraphs for agree and two pedal paragraphs for disagree
hope this helps!
Omg thanks alot if you don’t mind could you give me some really good points or just start me off so i have a good idea of what to write?
taylorswiftfan56
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Christianity:
- wedding vows - "till death do us part" divorce goes against this lifelong commitment
- Anglicans generally accept it, but discourage remarriage in a church situation
- Catholics don't generally accept it, and if a person remarries without annulment they cannot receive their Holy Communion

Sorry this is all I have
trusfratedblink
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Omg thanks alot if you don’t mind could you give me some really good points or just start me off so i have a good idea of what to write?
apologies for my late response but you could say sm like:

For Christianity,
agree: abuse/forced marriage/annulment/unfaithfulness or unchastity/ any biblical quote relating to this eg. "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" Matthew 5:27 (I think) or a more simpler one from the 10 commandments "you shall not commit adultery" "if a man divorces his wife and remarries for any cause other than unchastity then he has committed adultery with her"
disagree: vows/you should try to reconcile/it was God's plan for creation "become one flesh"/any biblical quote relating to this like "God blessed them and said to them "be fruitful and increase in number"".

For Islam,
agree: abuse/forced marriage/unfaithfulness/ "if a man gives his daughter in marriage while she is averse to it then it is invalid" Hadith,
disagree: you should try to reconcile/try to forgive if the matters are not very serious/"there is no institution in Islam more beloved and dearer to God than marriage" Hadith, and somewhere else in the Qur'an it also said that God's plan for putting humans on the Earth was to increase in number (similar to christianity) and this can only be done through marriage, so by staying married they are fulfilling this duty ("For every tree there is a fruit and the fruit of the heart is the child"-Hadith).

I only did these two religions at GCSE, by the way!

edit: I forgot to mention that forgiveness is mentioned in the Qur'an and places a great value within the religion, make sure to include this!
Last edited by trusfratedblink; 3 weeks ago
Girlbyeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by trusfratedblink)
apologies for my late response but you could say sm like:

For Christianity,
agree: abuse/forced marriage/annulment/unfaithfulness or unchastity/ any biblical quote relating to this eg. "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" Matthew 5:27 (I think) or a more simpler one from the 10 commandments "you shall not commit adultery" "if a man divorces his wife and remarries for any cause other than unchastity then he has committed adultery with her"
disagree: vows/you should try to reconcile/it was God's plan for creation "become one flesh"/any biblical quote relating to this like "God blessed them and said to them "be fruitful and increase in number"".

For Islam,
agree: abuse/forced marriage/unfaithfulness/ "if a man gives his daughter in marriage while she is averse to it then it is invalid" Hadith,
disagree: you should try to reconcile/try to forgive if the matters are not very serious/"there is no institution in Islam more beloved and dearer to God than marriage" Hadith, and somewhere else in the Qur'an it also said that God's plan for putting humans on the Earth was to increase in number (similar to christianity) and this can only be done through marriage, so by staying married they are fulfilling this duty ("For every tree there is a fruit and the fruit of the heart is the child"-Hadith).

I only did these two religions at GCSE, by the way!

edit: I forgot to mention that forgiveness is mentioned in the Qur'an and places a great value within the religion, make sure to include this!
Omgg thank you so much!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (283)
76.08%
No (89)
23.92%

Watched Threads