The Student Room Group

Boyfriend constantly works

My boyfriend of 9 months is self employed which I’ve always respected. But sometimes he works and recently when I’m around him and it’s just annoying and kind of pushes me away. I’m not enjoying being around his company. I feel like when his friends are over he entertains them and doesn’t work around them but when I’m over he will work. I feel like I just waste my time leaving my house to go to his house. He always says ‘we gonna be rich’ but it’s not a we situation because it has nothing to do with me. It doesn’t really benefit me ( he don’t pay my bills, give me money, treat me all the time) not saying he should because he’s not obliged to but if he was it would be understandable. He’s given me money once because I was in a dark place and he wanted me to treat myself.

It’s not fun being around someone who’s constantly working 24/7 when business calls he jumps on his phone and laptop. It’s like I don’t want to leave my house and leave my work to come to him and watch him do work.

Also I feel like he never takes what I say serious until I cause a scene and make an argument out of it. I feel like if I told him this he wouldn’t take it the way I want it to be taken. Like I feel like should I be ok with this? No because I’m not a wife. He has 6 figures so it’s not like he’s broke and ofc I don’t want to stop anyone from getting money but i don’t want to be around people that are working constantly and constantly talking about money it’s really boring snd it aggravates my soul.

I feel like I’m not a wife so I shouldn’t be ok with this.

What do I do?
You could work for him? What's your job?
I understand where you're coming but you have to respect his work ethic. If you can't support him and let him work towards his dreams, then perhaps you should leave him. Sounds harsh but it's the truth :/.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You could work for him? What's your job?

Healthcare student
Maybe you’re just not compatible.
Original post by Qxi.xli
I understand where you're coming but you have to respect his work ethic. If you can't support him and let him work towards his dreams, then perhaps you should leave him. Sounds harsh but it's the truth :/.

ngl just break up with him as harsh as it sounds. its more-so ur the problem in this situation, if the guy is in his bag. leave him be don't try delay it
Reply 6
Original post by Qxi.xli

Yeah I understand. But then when his friends are around he doesn’t do it.

I feel like with his friends he make so much effort. He entertains them so much. And he runs to go chill with them. Like ugh he loves them so much it’s like way too much. He’s defo a boys boy 🤣 I just never saw this in the beginning. And he likes being around a lot of people. I’m not like that. He’s never alone.
Reply 7
Original post by YaliaV123
Maybe you’re just not compatible.

But then besides that we are
Healthcare student

He needs to work to pay bills, hard work will hopefully lead to a rich lifestyle and I really hope he ends up rich because he sounds very hard working
Reply 9
ngl just break up with him as harsh as it sounds. its more-so ur the problem in this situation, if the guy is in his bag. leave him be don't try delay it

Girl 24/7? Why Isit when he’s around me he feels like he can waste our spending together time but when his friends are over he will never act like that.
He needs to work to pay bills, hard work will hopefully lead to a rich lifestyle and I really hope he ends up rich because he sounds very hard working

I hope so too.
I hope so too.

Soon innit
Girl 24/7? Why Isit when he’s around me he feels like he can waste our spending together time but when his friends are over he will never act like that.

Then this is a different issue we're talking about. Have you tried talking to him about it.
Reply 13
He prioritizes work. Thats a part of him, and is something you're going to have to get used to if you want to be with him.
If its a dealbreaker for you, you dont have to stay with him.
Well then
I feel sorry for my future partner lel
My boyfriend of 9 months is self employed which I’ve always respected. But sometimes he works and recently when I’m around him and it’s just annoying and kind of pushes me away. I’m not enjoying being around his company. I feel like when his friends are over he entertains them and doesn’t work around them but when I’m over he will work. I feel like I just waste my time leaving my house to go to his house. He always says ‘we gonna be rich’ but it’s not a we situation because it has nothing to do with me. It doesn’t really benefit me ( he don’t pay my bills, give me money, treat me all the time) not saying he should because he’s not obliged to but if he was it would be understandable. He’s given me money once because I was in a dark place and he wanted me to treat myself.

It’s not fun being around someone who’s constantly working 24/7 when business calls he jumps on his phone and laptop. It’s like I don’t want to leave my house and leave my work to come to him and watch him do work.

Also I feel like he never takes what I say serious until I cause a scene and make an argument out of it. I feel like if I told him this he wouldn’t take it the way I want it to be taken. Like I feel like should I be ok with this? No because I’m not a wife. He has 6 figures so it’s not like he’s broke and ofc I don’t want to stop anyone from getting money but i don’t want to be around people that are working constantly and constantly talking about money it’s really boring snd it aggravates my soul.

I feel like I’m not a wife so I shouldn’t be ok with this.

What do I do?

He probably works very hard and has a lot of after-midnight sessions with other colleagues...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending