The Student Room Group

America First Caucus

Scroll to see replies

This squabbling with the Republican Party just show what trouble they are in.

They backed a man wholly unsuited to political responsibility, he gave them four years of failed governance, the American people booted him out. Now they are struggling with an identity crisis while the Democrats just quietly get on with governing.
Original post by Contested Claim

They backed a man wholly unsuited to political responsibility, he gave them four years of failed governance, the American people booted him out. Now they are struggling with an identity crisis while the Democrats just quietly get on with governing.

Lol. 70 million Americans voted for Trump more so than any other GOP leader or Democrat bar Biden (allegedly:tongue:) and has something like a 90% approval rating among republicans. Never Trumper losers like Jeb and Romney are history thank God.

Old man Biden is a walking corpse who can't even climb into his own airplane and is literally a placeholder to allow Kamala to climb in (a woman who scraped 5% in the Dem primaries) .

I wouldn't call getting humiliated by Russia and China on the world stage whilst allowing hundreds of thousands of immigrants to flood the country and putting them up in hotels and then denying that they ever said they wanted immigrants to come here "governing" but you do you.

The modern GOP is so splintered that if it wasn't for the US being so entrenched in a two-party system, it would likely have split into at least two parties at some point in the last couple of decades. The sheer breadth of ideological differences being held together by a mantra of "anyone but the democrats" is pretty staggering.
Original post by Starship Trooper
Lol. 70 million Americans voted for Trump more so than any other GOP leader or Democrat bar Biden (allegedly:tongue:) and has something like a 90% approval rating among republicans. Never Trumper losers like Jeb and Romney are history thank God.

Old man Biden is a walking corpse who can't even climb into his own airplane and is literally a placeholder to allow Kamala to climb in (a woman who scraped 5% in the Dem primaries) .

I wouldn't call getting humiliated by Russia and China on the world stage whilst allowing hundreds of thousands of immigrants to flood the country and putting them up in hotels and then denying that they ever said they wanted immigrants to come here "governing" but you do you.

Why do Trump apologists always draw attention to the fact that he was resoundingly beaten by a geriatric?

You are just highlighting why his political career is over.
(edited 3 years ago)
Why do Trump apologists always draw attention to the fact that he was resoundingly beaten by a geriatric?

You are just highlighting why his political career is over.

"Beaten" (allegedly)

That said his political career may be over but his movement is alive and kicking.
"Beaten" (allegedly)

That said his political career may be over but his movement is alive and kicking.

Election 'fortification' works wonders.
"Beaten" (allegedly)

:mob:
B-B-B-BAN H-HIM
Reply 27
"Beaten" (allegedly)

Another conspiracy?
Original post by Ascend
Another conspiracy?

You sound surprised!
"Beaten" (allegedly)

There's no allegedly about it.

The might of the Republican Party, teams of well paid lawyers, and millions of citizen investigators have failed to uncover evidence of widespread fraud.

The truth is not whatever you want to it to be, it is rooted in factual reality and facts don't care about your feelings.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 30
The truth is not whatever you want to it to be, it is rooted in factual reality and facts don't care about your feelings.

Never has a right-wing trope boomerang back to them like "facts don't care about your feelings". Except maybe "snowflake". That's up there. Both are perfectly applicable for the white grievance caucus.
Reply 31
I'm not entirely certain she understands what 'anglo saxon political traditions' are if that lunatic woman thinks she represents them.
Original post by Ascend
Never has a right-wing trope boomerang back to them like "facts don't care about your feelings". Except maybe "snowflake". That's up there. Both are perfectly applicable for the white grievance caucus.

@Contested Claim

"Facts don't care about your feelings" is some boomer tier Ben Shapiro loser **** that doesn't appeal to the masses and should be discarded by the right.

The fact is feelings don't care about your "facts" and are more likely to govern our behaviour than some cherry picked data some biased NGO has come out with.

The overwhelming majority of people aren't going to spend hours meticulously researching some issue but will focus on short simple messages that resonates with their daily lives. That's why Trump is such s genius and a breath of fresh air compared to some gimp like Rubio talking about some obscure tax policy.

Nobody supports BLM* or Trans rights or whatever liberal issue because of facts but because they exploit peoples feelings and they have institutional support from many in the MSM , celebrities and corporations. This is just how humans operate and isn't necessarily a bad thing.

*Black Lives Matter-: is this a factual statement or one rooted in emotion and is ultimately a moral argument? Factually very few (if any) lives matter.

This isn't to say that facts have no part to play in the national conversation or shaping policy but that they have little political utility.

The might of the Republican Party, teams of well paid lawyers, and millions of citizen investigators have failed to uncover evidence of widespread fraud.

There was evidence but the judges and Supreme Court chose not to investigate it.

(And yes Trump chose a lot of them and this is a problem for us).
The Chad Feelings Vs the Virgin Facts

Just imagine Ben Shapiro getting shoved into a locker by some 6'6 trans woman who used to be a Line Backer when he tries to explain to her why she isn't a woman. That's what happens when you believe nonsense like "Facts don't care about your feelings".

"Heh, see gang? The left are the real Nazis! My doctor wife will be able to heal me!" :rolleyes:

, ..... .....

This is unironically how the right should respond:

Screenshot_2021-04-19-09-15-38-74.jpg
Reply 34
@Contested Claim

"Facts don't care about your feelings" is some boomer tier Ben Shapiro loser **** that doesn't appeal to the masses and should be discarded by the right.

The fact is feelings don't care about your "facts" and are more likely to govern our behaviour than some cherry picked data some biased NGO has come out with.

The overwhelming majority of people aren't going to spend hours meticulously researching some issue but will focus on short simple messages that resonates with their daily lives. That's why Trump is such s genius and a breath of fresh air compared to some gimp like Rubio talking about some obscure tax policy.

Nobody supports BLM* or Trans rights or whatever liberal issue because of facts but because they exploit peoples feelings and they have institutional support from many in the MSM , celebrities and corporations. This is just how humans operate and isn't necessarily a bad thing.

*Black Lives Matter-: is this a factual statement or one rooted in emotion and is ultimately a moral argument? Factually very few (if any) lives matter.

This isn't to say that facts have no part to play in the national conversation or shaping policy but that they have little political utility.

People don't get to dictate what reality is by subjective opinion and feelings. That's why "facts don't care". By doubling down on irrational nonsense instead of facing the facts, you can only lose to reality. More importantly, you'd be letting down your society in the Information Age and beyond when competitors can utilise facts politically better than you can utilise your feelz.

There was evidence but the judges and Supreme Court chose not to investigate it.

(And yes Trump chose a lot of them and this is a problem for us).

After you've just broadcast your anti-fact outlook, why even bother continuing to defend the Big Lie by appealing to evidence? :laugh:
Reply 35
^ Relevant:

"The liberally educated person is one who is able to resist the easy and preferred answers, not because he is obstinate but because he knows others worthy of consideration." - Allan Bloom
Original post by Ascend
People don't get to dictate what reality is by subjective opinion and feelings.

By doubling down on irrational nonsense instead of facing the facts, you can only lose to reality.

More importantly, you'd be letting down your society in the Information Age and beyond when competitors can utilise facts politically better than you can utilise your feelz.

After you've just broadcast your anti-fact outlook, why even bother continuing to defend the Big Lie by appealing to evidence? :laugh:

Lol yes they do it happens all the time it's called Democracy.

Nope.

Not necessarily. There are all sorts of tricks that can be played including presenting facts that whilst true do not reveal the whole picture. Additionally "letting down" reveals the emotive connotations to your assertions. Politics is basically about letting down some people and advancing others. I would like to live in a limited Democracy where only the top ten percent vote because I do not believe that a majority of the population are capable of such decisions.
But whilst we live under a system where most people can vote including people who can't spell their own name then yes I support using emotive and simplistic messages to get their vote.

Predictably, you are taking my argument to the most ridiculous extremes. I still support using facts and logic etc obviously but I just take into account other things.
Original post by Ascend
^ Relevant:

"The liberally educated person is one who is able to resist the easy and preferred answers, not because he is obstinate but because he knows others worthy of consideration." - Allan Bloom

That must be why the lib Dems secured such a large mandate at the last election. :rolleyes:
Screenshot_2021-04-20-13-56-54-33_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Feelings BTFOing facts yet again as the cult if secular humanism punishes Dawkins for blasphemy. :tongue:
Reply 39
Lol yes they do it happens all the time it's called Democracy.

Nope.

Not necessarily. There are all sorts of tricks that can be played including presenting facts that whilst true do not reveal the whole picture. Additionally "letting down" reveals the emotive connotations to your assertions. Politics is basically about letting down some people and advancing others. I would like to live in a limited Democracy where only the top ten percent vote because I do not believe that a majority of the population are capable of such decisions.
But whilst we live under a system where most people can vote including people who can't spell their own name then yes I support using emotive and simplistic messages to get their vote.

Predictably, you are taking my argument to the most ridiculous extremes. I still support using facts and logic etc obviously but I just take into account other things.

You're not getting it. Facts really don't care. It's not democratic. We don't get to vote on what is real. To use an example that may resonate with your sympathies: biological sex is not a social construct. Similarly, the 2020 US election wasn't stolen. Denying the empiricism involved in both claims will only lose you the greatest mechanism we've so far developed to grasp reality. The end game here will leave you with an intellectually dirt-poor, ignorant society competing against thirsty knowledge societies who will take the mantle in leading medical, technological, big data, psychological, economic, military etc. advances. Then all you'll be left with in your utopia is a white-majority nation with 20th century guns and a 17th century Bible with no viable enemies to compete with except yourselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending