The Student Room Group

Part-time job for 16 year olds

What Store or Place is the easiest to get accepted ?
Reply 1
It depends what experience/interests/qualifications you have. What GCSEs are you doing and where did you do your y10 work experience (if you did it)?
Reply 2
Supermarkets and places like Screwfix /McDonald's or fast food chains are seen as the easiest sorts to get first-time jobs.
Personally, I would push for something a bit more reputable, that has a better career path of progressing your skills in.
Consider boosting your skill set with free courses in your favourite hobbies on UDemy + Coursera.
Original post by Aurorab123

McDonald's takes on a lot of students. Dandy food chains in general do.
Reply 4
Original post by Aurorab123

Try emailing your CV to independent local cafes and shops or go in person to see if they have any vacancies available or coming up - that is what I did and I landed myself a Saturday job (I had no experience) for an independent cafe in my local town, nothing was advertised, I just emailed them at the right time and after an interview, they offered me a job,(this include 4 weeks training) this also meant there were no other people also competing for the same role
the larger chains like supermarkets probably have to officially advertise jobs so there will be lots of people going for them when its available and they are more likely to have stricter policies as well
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending