could we get the police involved?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If it was specifically targetted at you, you could bring legal action against them yes, but I wouldn't count on the police taking it very seriously at all.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it's like really bad then yes, most times you can't. What did they say to you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
If it's like really bad then yes, most times you can't. What did they say to you?
called me the n word which I thought would be considered a hate crime
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i have a hate statement rather than a speech

i hate blue cheese
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
called me the n word which I thought would be considered a hate crime
Oh I see, I'm sorry that happened. Whether you could tell the police abt it, I doubt it, if you did tell them they probably won't do much unfortuntely. You could speak to mods to get them perma banned on all their accounts?

(Original post by Wise Goldie)
i have a hate statement rather than a speech

i hate blue cheese
Blue cheese isn't that bad :cry2:
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Makes me laugh really, the police don't take stalking or harrassment seriously but if you owe money even trivial amounts to the government, they'll pull you over, and beat you, give you a compound fracture which leaves you permanently disabled, and worse still won't call an ambulance for you for at least 15 minutes.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh I see, I'm sorry that happened. Whether you could tell the police abt it, I doubt it, if you did tell them they probably won't do much unfortuntely. You could speak to mods to get them perma banned on all their accounts?
Why is it not ok to call someone the N word over social media (police get involved then),
but it's ok to do it on TSR seeing as you say police won't get involved?
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
me and another user were having a debate about blm and i said that alm was racist then they sent me a series of messages in which they called me the n word multiple times i reported them but it isnt enough
alm is not racist unless you hate everyone

if he said bl dont matter tht racist imo

but if he send nasty messages or pms then report him and he get kicked off tsr
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
me and another user were having a debate about blm and i said that alm was racist then they sent me a series of messages in which they called me the n word multiple times i reported them but it isnt enough
That's disgusting, I'm really sorry. I think privately speaking to the mods would be better

(Original post by ANM775)
Why is it not ok to call someone the N word over social media (police get involved then),
but it's ok to do it on TSR seeing as you say police won't get involved?
I don't see where I ever said it was okay to call someone the n word on TSR but alright...
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
name and shame
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Blue cheese isn't that bad :cry2:
no blue cheese is not nice i prefer chedder or red leicester
That's disgusting, I'm really sorry. I think privately speaking to the mods would be better

I don't see where I ever said it was okay to call someone the n word on TSR but alright...
i know what you meant coochie:console:
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what I mean by that, is that in practical terms it's "ok" as the police don't do nothing about it on forums
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
no blue cheese is not nice i prefer chedder or red leicester

i know what you meant coochie:console:
My favourite is probably mozzarella.

I'm just bad at wording things

(Original post by ANM775)
what I mean by that, is that in practical terms it's "ok" as the police don't do nothing about it on forums
The police don't do anything about it anywhere it seems, I've never really seen them do anything abt someone being called the n word online.

Please don't twist my words to make it seem like I have no problems with people using the n word. I never ever said it was okay
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My favourite is probably mozzarella.

I'm just bad at wording things

The police don't do anything about it anywhere it seems, I've never really seen them do anything abt someone being called the n word online.

Please don't twist my words to make it seem like I have no problems with people using the n word. I never ever said it was okay
no im worse your much smarter than me lol

oh mozzarella is that like soft cheese??
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
no im worse your much smarter than me lol

oh mozzarella is that like soft cheese??
Don't say that, you're better than me at a lot of things

I think it can be soft yes!
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

It's been all over the news recently about football players getting racist abuse on social media, and the police are trying to catch the people and sometimes do.

and I think perhaps you interpreted my wording wrong, I was not saying you personally said it was ok to use that language on forums. I was probing you as to why do you think police see it as ok to do nothing about it on forums ... when they do take action on social media.
DiamondDia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
alm is not racist unless you hate everyone

if he said bl dont matter tht racist imo

but if he send nasty messages or pms then report him and he get kicked off tsr
When you use ALM in response to someone saying BLM it is racist as it dismisses the importance of BLM. Of course all lives do matter, but at the moment, black lives are the ones that are being undervalued. If you believe all lives matter then you wouldn’t have a problem with BLM. BLM doesn’t mean ONLY Black Lives Matter, it’s means Black Lives Matter TOO.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads