The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Transferring to a different university for second year

Hi,

I am currently studying sport, health and exercise science at Bangor University, but ive realised im really unhappy here and i want to study closer to home.

Ive been looking to transfer to liverpool john moores, or mmu or uclan for second year sports and exercise science, however its now april and i have no idea how to apply for transfer in september.

Grades and modules wise things match up, ive gotten all A and A*s in my exams and essays and ive had offers from some of the unis before.

Can anyone help me ASAP about how to go about this?

Thanks
Original post by izzykate2002
Hi,

I am currently studying sport, health and exercise science at Bangor University, but ive realised im really unhappy here and i want to study closer to home.

Ive been looking to transfer to liverpool john moores, or mmu or uclan for second year sports and exercise science, however its now april and i have no idea how to apply for transfer in september.

Grades and modules wise things match up, ive gotten all A and A*s in my exams and essays and ive had offers from some of the unis before.

Thanks

You just apply through ucas and put year 2 as the point of entry.

You’ll need to list your current course in the education section as well as your A levels and GCSEs.

And you’ll need a PS explaining why you want to carry on your degree. And a reference ideally from your current university tutor.
The university transfer faq thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum explains more.
Liverpool
Hi,

Thanks

Hi @izzykate2002,

I'm so sorry to hear you're not enjoying your time at Bangor. There is lots of information about transferring Uni's on our website - https://www.bangor.ac.uk/studentservices/leaving/index.php.en

My best advice would be to send the Student Support Team an email, they are a really friendly team and can help make sure that you have all the information you need to make your decision and provide the necessary forms - [email protected].

If there is anything else I can help with please do send me a direct message.
Rhian
Hi,

Thanks

Hi @izzykate2002

Sorry to hear you are unhappy at your current university! Most universities will accept external transfers, wherever possible I would recommend you contact the universities directly to make sure they will accept transfers for the course. Here at Manchester Met, we can consider external transfers for our BSc(Hons) Sport and Exercise Science course.

Where advanced entry is possible it is always considered individually by the Admissions Tutor and only suitable when an applicant has successfully completed sufficient study in a subject closely related to the degree they wish to study here at MMU. The Admissions Tutor will have to assess how closely your previous study matches the degree here at MMU to determine if you have the necessary subject knowledge and academic skills to progress onto year 2/3 of the chosen degree

To be considered for a transfer, you will need to complete a new UCAS application at www.ucas.com Please ensure you complete the relevant section of the online application which indicates your point of entry i.e. 2 or 3. You may wish to explain your reasons for applying for a transfer in your personal statement.If you wish to apply for a transfer for September 2021 i recommend you make your application as soon as possible.

I hope this helps! Hopefully, you will be able to transfer to another university and be much happier :smile:
Best of luck
Carly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending