The Student Room Group

University Group Interview

I have an interview soon at Glasgow Caledonian University for Learning Disability Nursing. I have been told it will be a group interview and there will be a discussion surrounding the 6 C’s. Has anyone been for this interview recently or similar and can give me any idea what to expect and what additional preparation other than the Core Values I need to do? I’m very nervous!
Reply 1
Hey! I haven't had an interview for GCU or for LD nursing, but I did have a group interview for adult nursing at Leeds, I was very nervous about it but it was actually one of my best interviews! I found that the group thing took the pressure of you a little bit and that other people's answers to questions felt like a prompt for what to say if I felt like I didn't have a very good answer. I found that the interviewers were really fair and gave everyone a chance to speak, but obviously the interviewing style will vary between unis. Overall it was a pretty good experience, no one felt like they were showing off or talking over people and the group format gives you a chance to show off your communication skills. In terms of prep, maybe do some research about the issues facing the healthcare system at the moment (not just COVID), and try and think of some examples of when you've used the 6 Cs in your own life to demonstrate that you understand them and know how to apply them. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending