Cat b
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m not very good at application questions n I’ve done so many past practice question n hvnt seen any improvements maybe like 60% I’ve improved but that ain’t good enough I barely scrape a b grade
Any one who might help me cuz teachers just say more questions
N I hv exams tomorrow n I asked 2 weeks bk if she can help me but she keeps saying do more questions when I’m not rlly improving help anyone!
2020pqpers r gonna mess me up in these mocks
Cat b
Rep:
?
Anyone?
MO0NCHILDRM
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cat b)
I’m not very good at application questions n I’ve done so many past practice question n hvnt seen any improvements maybe like 60% I’ve improved but that ain’t good enough I barely scrape a b grade
Any one who might help me cuz teachers just say more questions
N I hv exams tomorrow n I asked 2 weeks bk if she can help me but she keeps saying do more questions when I’m not rlly improving help anyone!
2020pqpers r gonna mess me up in these mocks
i have the same issue, i dont know how I can give you any help for an exam that's tomorrow but if you're doing ocr bio, solving the end of topic questions helped me and getting used to the style of questions then studying based on that (so i know what to focus on when studying, possible things they might ask and questions I could ask myself) , I'm not that good yet though unfortunately I hover between a high B and an A , I got a high A but that was once

also don't ignore the mathematical side of bio, (spearman's rank test, chi squared test, t-test) all of these. watch videos on them , usually they'll mention while explaining them what things you need to pay attention to or what questions besides the math question itself they might ask, and MOST IMPORTANTLY read the investigations they carry out in the book carefully, if u do ocr then oxford's ocr bio book is good on that

lastly don't ignore any part of the book even if its small, insignificant or boring, I remember getting a 16 marker question on something that was only 2 lines in the book lol
Last edited by MO0NCHILDRM; 3 weeks ago
Cat b
Rep:
?
(Original post by MO0NCHILDRM)
i have the same issue, i dont know how I can give you any help for an exam that's tomorrow but if you're doing ocr bio, solving the end of topic questions helped me and getting used to the style of questions then studying based on that (so i know what to focus on when studying, possible things they might ask and questions I could ask myself) , I'm not that good yet though unfortunately I hover between a high B and an A , I got a high A but that was once

also don't ignore the mathematical side of bio, (spearman's rank test, chi squared test, t-test) all of these. watch videos on them , usually they'll mention while explaining them what things you need to pay attention to or what questions besides the math question itself they might ask, and MOST IMPORTANTLY read the investigations they carry out in the book carefully, if u do ocr then oxford's ocr bio book is good on that

lastly don't ignore any part of the book even if its small, insignificant or boring, I remember getting a 16 marker question on something that was only 2 lines in the book lol
Ty could u tell me the main points possible for t-test etc cuz I’m running out of time
I’ll b very thankful to u
MO0NCHILDRM
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
student t test

(Original post by Cat b)
Ty could u tell me the main points possible for t-test etc cuz I’m running out of time
I’ll b very thankful to u
in a student t-test u compare the mean of two sets of data

the purpose is to find out whether the difference between them is significant or not

so your H0/null hypothesis = the difference isn't significant, its due to chance
your H1/alternative hypothesis is= the difference is significant and there is a factor causing it

then you conduct a hypothesis test to find a probability value, they give you the formula for that you just have to put in the values
there is a table with a specific value that matches the categories of your test that you'll compare your value to and if your value is lower than the critical value from the table then you accept null hypothesis, if its higher than the value then you reject null hypothesis and say there must be a factor causing this difference and it isn't due to chance

sometimes in the tables they give you something called degrees of freedom and that is equal to n-1 (n is the number of categories in your set of data)

i really recommend watching a video about it because its a bit confusing when I just write it, the video will probably not be long
Last edited by MO0NCHILDRM; 3 weeks ago
Cat b
Rep:
?
Ok tysm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads