Eat less calories than you burn off
Eat less .. exercise more to burn more calories off
Combine the 2 for the best results
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Reduce your daily calorie intake and increase your exercise so that you go into calorie deficit by at least 500 calories.
Eat mostly homecooked meals prepared from scratch, drink more water, serve yourself smaller food portion sizes.
Significantly restrict your monthly quantity of: greasy takeaways, high sugar drinks, unhealthy packaged snacks containing potatoes/dairy/high levels of salt or sugar.

How much weight are you planning to lose?
Last edited by londonmyst; 3 weeks ago
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Reduce your daily calorie intake and increase your exercise so that you go into calorie deficit by at least 500 calories.
Eat mostly homecooked meals prepared from scratch, drink more water, serve yourself smaller food portion sizes.
Significantly restrict your monthly quantity of: greasy takeaways, high sugar drinks, unhealthy packaged snacks containing potatoes/dairy/high levels of salt or sugar.

How much weight are you planning to lose?
not by at least, at max 500 kcals and salt has nothing to do with fat loss.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
not by at least, at max 500 kcals and salt has nothing to do with fat loss.
I'm referring to weight loss, not just fat loss.

Every bariatric medicine consultant I've spoken with has told me that the recommended deficit in calorie intake vs calories burned for achieving visible weight loss is 600 kcal per day and minimum daily calorie deficit for visible weight loss is 500.
Although most of the obese crime survivors I've helped to lose weight did manage to go a bit further.
I'm told that too much salt & high sodium containing foods can jeopardize weight loss efforts by increasing water retention levels, contributing towards a bloated appearance and perceptions of accumulated belly fat.
jademowry123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alpmer)
How lose weight?
i dont know but i know if You do try lose weight do it safley
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I'm referring to weight loss, not just fat loss.

Every bariatric medicine consultant I've spoken with has told me that the recommended deficit in calorie intake vs calories burned for achieving visible weight loss is 600 kcal per day and minimum daily calorie deficit for visible weight loss is 500.
Although most of the obese crime survivors I've helped to lose weight did manage to go a bit further.
I'm told that too much salt & high sodium containing foods can jeopardize weight loss efforts by increasing water retention levels, contributing towards a bloated appearance and perceptions of accumulated belly fat.
Why would you care if you lose at most 1 extra lb from less water retention on a certain day, it won't have a noticeable impact on physique? We don't know if OP is obese or not, I would assume not and thus 500kcal is recommended. If OP is obese i don't mind recommending a higher deficit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.53%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
65.79%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.47%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (6)
7.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.32%

Watched Threads