The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

physician associate study/work balance

Hey guys!

So I have been fortunate to have been accepted onto the PA course for the coming 2021/22 cohort at St. George’s!!

I have been a diagnostic radiographer for about 18 months and have decided doing the PA course would be the right thing to do for me and will really help me thrive in my fascination for medicine and love of patients :smile:

I’ve just been reading some forums and stuff and wanted to get an insight into how intense the course is going to be and what to expect really... I know it’s Howe intense but I’m also low key stressed it may be crazy crazy intense and that I’m almost being ignorant to have difficult igs going to be? Alongside I also wanna do part time locuming/bank shifts to support myself financially as I pay rent! So just wanted to know what to expect really? I also appreciate everyone has come from different backgrounds and degrees and jobs so it would be great to get a realistic insight into those doing/who have done the degree and even better if someone who’s also been a radiographer could help me out!

Tsm in advance!! :smile: xx
Reply 1
Original post by wolfha00
Hey guys!

So I have been fortunate to have been accepted onto the PA course for the coming 2021/22 cohort at St. George’s!!

I have been a diagnostic radiographer for about 18 months and have decided doing the PA course would be the right thing to do for me and will really help me thrive in my fascination for medicine and love of patients :smile:

I’ve just been reading some forums and stuff and wanted to get an insight into how intense the course is going to be and what to expect really... I know it’s Howe intense but I’m also low key stressed it may be crazy crazy intense and that I’m almost being ignorant to have difficult igs going to be? Alongside I also wanna do part time locuming/bank shifts to support myself financially as I pay rent! So just wanted to know what to expect really? I also appreciate everyone has come from different backgrounds and degrees and jobs so it would be great to get a realistic insight into those doing/who have done the degree and even better if someone who’s also been a radiographer could help me out!

Tsm in advance!! :smile: xx

Hi, I’m also wondering the same thing as there is no maintenance loan for masters. Did you end up working alongside studying or did you quit? thank you xx
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Quick Reply

Latest