Applying with four A-Levels, two pending C

Watch
jnfvdsjngj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am making a late application to university this year, and I will be applying with two A-Levels that I already have, and two that I am finishing up with this year. I cannot get predicted grades for one of these a-levels, as I am getting a teacher assessed grade. I have been in contact with the admissions team for the university I want to go to, and they have told me I am welcome to apply without the predictions, and that the department are likely to be more understanding of my situation as I am a mature learner. I'm wondering if, when making my application, I should leave out the D grade A-Level that I already have, and just apply with the C and two pending ones? Or would the D actually be useful to have on my application? The entry requirements are BBB, but it's unlikely to be super competitive as they're still accepting applications, I also have a good amount of life experience behind me. Please let me know what you think! Thank you
physgradstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You have to declare all previously achieved A-level grades in your application, so you don't actually have a choice there. There's not much you can do except make the other parts of the application as good as you can. Universities are often much more lenient with mature students and they'll look at your whole background not just the grades.
Nobody2u
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jnfvdsjngj)
I am making a late application to university this year, and I will be applying with two A-Levels that I already have, and two that I am finishing up with this year. I cannot get predicted grades for one of these a-levels, as I am getting a teacher assessed grade. I have been in contact with the admissions team for the university I want to go to, and they have told me I am welcome to apply without the predictions, and that the department are likely to be more understanding of my situation as I am a mature learner. I'm wondering if, when making my application, I should leave out the D grade A-Level that I already have, and just apply with the C and two pending ones? Or would the D actually be useful to have on my application? The entry requirements are BBB, but it's unlikely to be super competitive as they're still accepting applications, I also have a good amount of life experience behind me. Please let me know what you think! Thank you
It depends on what the application form asks for. If it asks for ALL previous exam results you'll have to include it, although I can understand why you would be tempted to omit it. You wouldn't want your application to be considered fraudulent. But if you took it a long time ago and now you're resitting, I wouldn't worry too much. Universities know that a students attitude to studies can radically change with time, and that if you're applying as a mature student your motivation now is far greater than the first time you took your "A"levels. Good Luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads