Gracekyei
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I've received 4/5 offers from uni now (the 5th is still considering my application). One of the unies rejected me which is Liverpool Uni and that was going to be my fist choice from the start because I loved the uni, city, uni course ranking etc.)
I have now offers from Salford Uni, Bradford Uni and Leeds Beckett. I was pretty convicted of choosing the uni of Bradford but I then inspected the city and is honestly worse than the city that I am living in now. It think I was influenced by the fact that the uni is 3rd ranking in my specific course.
I am now confused as I really don't know myself what should I consider best for me. I truly think that uni is not only about what you will study but teh experiences that you get and I'm not sure if I want to stay in a city that I don't even like. But then the course quality is really good so what should be the priorities in these cases? Also is it possible that I re-apply for the uni that rejected me?
orangejuice1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For me the course itself is always the priority since that's what you're actually paying for and having a degree from a highly ranked course will look good.
Obviously the uni experience and city is important too. Have you been to the city on a day trip just to have a look around the city?

Also, yes you can reapply next year if you take a gap year, (which may be easier since you will know what you got in your a levels and mean you can bulk up your personal statement in the time) Have you tried asking the uni why they rejected you? they don't always give a straight answer but its worth a shot and would be useful if reapplying next year.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How to Choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (129)
60.56%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.08%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
13.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.35%

Watched Threads