Yazomi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If I reject my current offer to go into extra can I still apply to the same course at the same uni I rejected later on if all of my other I options reject me
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That all depends of that course still being open to Extra applications - and courses can be closed at any point with no warning. Very risky!

So I'd suggest that you don't do this - and instead, get to Results Day and only then make a decision about whether you go to your confirmed place this year, or if you cancel that and reapply to 5 choices (including your current Firm) in the autumn for 2022 entry. That would a) allow you to make sensible choices once you know your Results, and b) give you a better range of choices, not just a panicky pick in Extra.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Yazomi)
If I reject my current offer to go into extra can I still apply to the same course at the same uni I rejected later on if all of my other I options reject me
Yes you can.
If there’s a university in your current choices that you like then speak to them NOW before declining your offers and explain that you want to apply elsewhere in extra. Ask if they will honour your offer if you apply back to them in extra later on.

Many universities will be happy to give you reassurance that they’ll honour your offer if you decline now and apply back later
Yazomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes you can.
If there’s a university in your current choices that you like then speak to them NOW before declining your offers and explain that you want to apply elsewhere in extra. Ask if they will honour your offer if you apply back to them in extra later on.

Many universities will be happy to give you reassurance that they’ll honour your offer if you decline now and apply back later
Should I contact both of the uni- uni I’ll decline the offer and uni I will apply to in extra?
Yazomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
That all depends of that course still being open to Extra applications - and courses can be closed at any point with no warning. Very risky!

So I'd suggest that you don't do this - and instead, get to Results Day and only then make a decision about whether you go to your confirmed place this year, or if you cancel that and reapply to 5 choices (including your current Firm) in the autumn for 2022 entry. That would a) allow you to make sensible choices once you know your Results, and b) give you a better range of choices, not just a panicky pick in Extra.
Reapplying for 2022 entry doesn’t that mean I’ll be kinda taking a gap year and I thought typically they would expect you to do something productive during that time? I’m not too sure how much I’ll be able to do and especially with COVID and stuff
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Should I contact both of the uni- uni I’ll decline the offer and uni I will apply to in extra?
Yes. If you think you might want to apply back to one of your current choices then speak to them before you decline your offers.
And you also need to speak to any university you want to apply to using extra before declining your offers to make sure that the vacancy listings on ucas are correct.
Yazomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes. If you think you might want to apply back to one of your current choices then speak to them before you decline your offers.
And you also need to speak to any university you want to apply to using extra before declining your offers to make sure that the vacancy listings on ucas are correct.
Also just wondering is getting through ucas extra difficult or it’s basically the same as applying at the start?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also just wondering is getting through ucas extra difficult or it’s basically the same as applying at the start?
Extra is first come first served and the deadlines are different (for the universities and for you). Plus you only have one “live” choice so you don’t have the option to pick an insurance choice.

Apart from that it’s the same.
Yazomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Extra is first come first served and the deadlines are different (for the universities and for you). Plus you only have one “live” choice so you don’t have the option to pick an insurance choice.

Apart from that it’s the same.
Ahhh I see thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (243)
75.47%
No (79)
24.53%

Watched Threads