The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil in ISO (Innovation, Strategy, & Organisation)

Hi everyone.

I am really interested in studying ISO at Cambridge.

How competitive is it to get an offer?

I am currently studying Economics and IR at one of the top 5 unis (Guardian and Times league table) in the UK.

I got a 2.1 in my first year, but I am now on-track to gain a 1st class degree (just!) overall.

Any suggestions as to how I can maximise my chances getting in? Also, GRE is not required if you are a student studying in the UK. Do you recommend me taking GRE exam anyway?

Thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
I actually think taking the GRE is irrelevant for UK students. It helps standardise the application process for international students, because the grading systems are not the same around the world as the UK. If you think you can get above 90 percentile in both, go for it, but I doubt you’d have time in final year. Your grades are more important.

Grades and references are most important. You seem to make no mention of references, so please don’t underestimate the importance of these.

As applications are closed for this year, you’d be applying next year I assume. Thus your grades across all years of your degree will be seen, so try to do your best now.

Saying that, your chances of getting in are low, as it is for everyone, as it’s a very competitive course and they have to reject quite a lot of talented students. That’s the case with all courses at Cambridge’s Judge Business School.

Also people get accepted and rejected from numerous masters and struggle to make sense why they’d get into some top courses but not others. There is randomness in it, and all unis have different criteria. So apply to several unis and don’t fixate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending