Plastic surgery

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m here to just ask a question about people’s views on plastic surgery. I have been leaning towards the idea of plastic surgery for a long time which is why I’ve decided to save money. I’ve considered doing a nose job which I struggle with the most in my visage. I’ve gotten all kinds of remarks about my nose which I still think about today. I’ve been leaning towards this surgery for a long time which I think about everyday. I’ve also considered getting a bbl because I’ve got hips dips which I hate the most about my lower body. I rarely leave the house and I always make excuse to be exempt from when my friends invite me to places. I’m still quite young and body image has deeply affected me. When I’m at school everyone leans towards my bestfriend and leaves me out. They always praise her with ‘your so pretty’ and just erase my existence next to her, they don’t even lay their eyes on me but her. I get really self conscious if I try something new like put makeup because people look at me which makes my head flood with thoughts such as ‘are they making fun of me’ , ‘do they like me’. My bestfriend is the most nicest person out there she’s kind to me and her surroundings but i get so self insecure next to her. Even writing this now my throat is closing up just thinking about this and hurts like hell. If I do consider getting the surgery done do you think I’ll be heavily discriminated against? What’s your views on my decisions? Do you think I should get it done? Will I be happy if I get it done?
.S.K.T.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello there,

That does seem challenging. I was hoping if I could offer some thoughts. Feel free to consider them as you please

Firstly, consider that cosmetic procedures don’t often have a perfect result. There’s risks to the procedure and the outcome may not outweigh that risk. There’s also a high rate of dissatisfaction in individuals who have undergone a surgery for purely cosmetic reasons.

Secondly, I feel there are perhaps more meaningful ways to feel better about yourself. Perhaps finding someone to talk about how you feel would be helpful? Comparing yourself to someone else never a helpful exercise. Moreover, finding ways of thinking that build yourself up would improve how you are feeling, rather than turning to surgery to “fix yourself.” In the long term, finding ways to appreciate yourself for who you are, will never be a bad thing.

Try and find ways of appreciating yourself for who you are, and acknowledge that none of us are perfect!
Last edited by .S.K.T.; 3 months ago
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm guessing 'school' means your younger than 18 and possibly younger than 16...

If it's your friends making these remarks get different friends because even with the plastic surgery your only going to end up like them..
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m here to just ask a question about people’s views on plastic surgery. I have been leaning towards the idea of plastic surgery for a long time which is why I’ve decided to save money. I’ve considered doing a nose job which I struggle with the most in my visage. I’ve gotten all kinds of remarks about my nose which I still think about today. I’ve been leaning towards this surgery for a long time which I think about everyday. I’ve also considered getting a bbl because I’ve got hips dips which I hate the most about my lower body. I rarely leave the house and I always make excuse to be exempt from when my friends invite me to places. I’m still quite young and body image has deeply affected me. When I’m at school everyone leans towards my bestfriend and leaves me out. They always praise her with ‘your so pretty’ and just erase my existence next to her, they don’t even lay their eyes on me but her. I get really self conscious if I try something new like put makeup because people look at me which makes my head flood with thoughts such as ‘are they making fun of me’ , ‘do they like me’. My bestfriend is the most nicest person out there she’s kind to me and her surroundings but i get so self insecure next to her. Even writing this now my throat is closing up just thinking about this and hurts like hell. If I do consider getting the surgery done do you think I’ll be heavily discriminated against? What’s your views on my decisions? Do you think I should get it done? Will I be happy if I get it done?
Hey how are you?
I feel like you should watch bbl video (vlogs) just get an understanding I suggest it’s tammaira as she keeps it real. I’m also considering getting the same procedures as you and saving up to get a bbl hopefully by the end of this year beginning of next year I’m currently look for travel partner as I’ll be going alone
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People can do whatever they want with their own bodies but it only becomes an issue what they try to pass it off as natural and let young girls chase an idea of beauty that is artificial
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Isn’t that procedure exceedingly dangerous? I don’t care what people do, but please be careful!
Last edited by YaliaV123; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (39)
14.61%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (86)
32.21%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (32)
11.99%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.61%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.24%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
26.22%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed