The Student Room Group

Can't get into the mindset for exams - please help

Hi! I'm predicted A*s for my three A-level subjects and, for the first week and a half of the Easter holiday, I felt fairly productive, planning lots of essays and recapping cue cards, etc. However, the last few days, it's dawned on me that classes taking other subjects (such as Geography) have been informed of the dates of their assessments, while I have no idea when mine will be! Every time someone asks in lesson time, my teachers respond that they are unable to tell us, which I suppose is understandable if the dates are undecided, but the ambiguity is killing me. In normal circumstances, we'd have received an exam timetable in January - how are we meant to prioritise our revision without knowing whether the paper is one or five weeks down the line?
I don't intend to come off as ignorant - I suffer from really bad exam anxiety and, to be honest, I'm a workaholic, waking up for 7:30am and studying until 10pm with only a short lunch and dinner break, so I don't want to end up failing purely due to disorganisation.
So, long story short, I feel incredibly demotivated this weekend and I feel bad reaching out to classmates over the holiday to double-check how they're coping - does anyone feel the same and how can I prioritise without dates? Thanks!
Original post by Dramaislife02
Hi! I'm predicted A*s for my three A-level subjects and, for the first week and a half of the Easter holiday, I felt fairly productive, planning lots of essays and recapping cue cards, etc. However, the last few days, it's dawned on me that classes taking other subjects (such as Geography) have been informed of the dates of their assessments, while I have no idea when mine will be! Every time someone asks in lesson time, my teachers respond that they are unable to tell us, which I suppose is understandable if the dates are undecided, but the ambiguity is killing me. In normal circumstances, we'd have received an exam timetable in January - how are we meant to prioritise our revision without knowing whether the paper is one or five weeks down the line?
I don't intend to come off as ignorant - I suffer from really bad exam anxiety and, to be honest, I'm a workaholic, waking up for 7:30am and studying until 10pm with only a short lunch and dinner break, so I don't want to end up failing purely due to disorganisation.
So, long story short, I feel incredibly demotivated this weekend and I feel bad reaching out to classmates over the holiday to double-check how they're coping - does anyone feel the same and how can I prioritise without dates? Thanks!

I can definitely relate - when we were told actual A-levels had been cancelled I felt so demotivated and fell behind on so much of my work. I'm someone who plans a lot so I planned out every hour of my day to make sure I stayed on track. Also, I'd say prioritise topics you struggle with. I've got mini exams going on right now and our teachers have told us the topics and they've basically split the whole spec into separate tests so even if the topics you struggle with aren't in your first test, it's likely the could be in another so no revision is wasted revision, essentially. Reach out to your friends too! Chances are they're struggling too and it'd probably be nice for them to know they're not alone :smile: Good luck x
Reply 2
Original post by Dramaislife02

hi, have u created a timetable for yourself? but also breaks r good too! or youll get sick and tired of working 24/7!!! im speaking from experience lol

Quick Reply

Latest