Free Game for All..!

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
If you have a playstation 4/5 you can now get the game Horizon Zero Dawn (Complete edition) for free from 20/4/2021 with no strings attached.

It's actually a really good game, I have it already. You'd be a fool not to get it imo

Spoiler:
Show
If you plan to go and download this and didn't know about it, you should at least leave a rep :P
Last edited by ANM775; 2 weeks ago
F I R E W O R K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:hand:
I do not play that type of game.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by F I R E W O R K)
:hand:
I do not play that type of game.
why not.

It's a very good game!
F I R E W O R K
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
why not.

It's a very good game!
I just do not like those types of games. How good or bad it is, is irrelevant.
ANM775
Rep:
?
I just do not like those types of games. How good or bad it is, is irrelevant.
what games do you like then?
F I R E W O R K
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what games do you like then?
Not Call of Duty type games, I prefer Assassin's Creed Syndicate and LA Noire and GTA V on PS, but Mario and Donkey Kong on Nintendo. Games set in archaic times, especially Victorian England I favour.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nice, I was planning to pick it up now it's on PC but may as well give it a go on PS4 while it's free.

Not Call of Duty type games, I prefer Assassin's Creed Syndicate and LA Noire and GTA V on PS, but Mario and Donkey Kong on Nintendo. Games set in archaic times, especially Victorian England I favour.
HZD is an open-world third person ARPG, it has significantly more in common with the games you've listed as enjoying than it does to COD.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Very tempting but I've figured, if I'm ever gonna play it anyway, it'll be on PC rather than PS4. Can just wait until Epic or elsewhere gives it away. Nearly roped me in though.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
Very tempting but I've figured, if I'm ever gonna play it anyway, it'll be on PC rather than PS4. Can just wait until Epic or elsewhere gives it away. Nearly roped me in though.
why not get it now on PS4?

it's only going to be available free for 2 weeks. No doubt Sony has paid the company who made this game a hefty figure in order to be offering it for free. It does not make sense for the company themselves to give it away for free. It's not like the game is retro and not selling anything. it's 4 year old game and it's still selling copies here and there.

I wouldn't bank on it being free on PC or other platforms.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

it's only going to be available free for 2 weeks. No doubt Sony has paid the company who made this game a hefty figure in order to be offering it for free. It does not make sense for the company themselves to give it away for free. It's not like the game is retro and not selling anything. it's 4 year old game and it's still selling copies here and there.

I wouldn't bank on it being free on PC or other platforms.
The PC version has perks like native 1440p and 4K rather than checkerboarded 4K on the Pro and 1080p on the base model, an unlocked frame rate rather than being locked to 30fps, support for ultrawide monitors and improved visual quality in a couple of areas. It's essentially a better version of the game if you've got the hardware to run it, and there will be people who favour the best experience at a cost over a free but inferior one- the ability to play at 60+ fps alone will be a big factor to a lot of people.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Horizon isn't a special case. GTA V sales were ridiculous and never floundered year on year, yet that was given away free on PC. (Premium Edition too!)

This giveaway's a red flag. Ever noticed a game get a huge discount, 2 weeks later it's free on Epic, PS Plus, Xbox or Humble? This is already 40% off on PC and it's only just released. After a year or a couple of Christmasses they won't be expecting much in sales.

Even if somehow it's never free on PC and I inexplicably decide in 2024 I must play it on PS4, it'll cost less than the £8 it already does, and before I sell it after!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (84)
36.05%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (37)
15.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.29%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.3%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (28)
12.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
12.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise