The Student Room Group

Cambridge medicine

Hello,
So I have been severely downgraded from my GCSEs due to several disruptions on my mocks and facing a death in my school. I subsequently got 888877776. I am now at sixth form studying maths, chemistry, physics and biology and I’m working towards getting 4A*, will this, a strong personal statement, good work experience as well as a good BMAT give me a chance at going to Cambridge. I’m not sure whether it’s worth to apply there or not
Original post by anonymous1802
Hello,
So I have been severely downgraded from my GCSEs due to several disruptions on my mocks and facing a death in my school. I subsequently got 888877776. I am now at sixth form studying maths, chemistry, physics and biology and I’m working towards getting 4A*, will this, a strong personal statement, good work experience as well as a good BMAT give me a chance at going to Cambridge. I’m not sure whether it’s worth to apply there or not

Cambridge don't count GCSEs too heavily, so I would suggest applying. Your predicted grades will count more anyway, and they seem good. I'm planning on applying to Cambridge medicine this year too. What college do you want to go to?
As said, Cambridge don't score your GCSEs for medicine and will consider them holistically so it is definitely worth applying with A*A*A+ predicted and a strong BMAT. You can usually take the BMAT early so you know your score, but that wont be possible if you're applying for 2022 entry in Oct, so worth bearing that in mind as it adds risk.
You may also want to consider asking your referee to mention the challenging circumstances under which you took your GCSEs.
(edited 3 years ago)
:facepalm: You are right!
Sorry, I just forgot - edited now :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending