Resitting an A level and getting a Lower Grade

Watch
yazi123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,
I am resetting an A level exam. With resits if you receive a lower grade. Does that make your past grade no longer be accepted by universities and how does it affect UCAS?
Do universities usually take the highest grade or most recent ?
Last edited by yazi123; 3 weeks ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yazi123)
Hi everyone,
I am resetting an A level exam. With resits if you receive a lower grade. Does that make your past grade no longer be accepted by universities and how does it affect UCAS?
Do universities usually take the highest grade or most recent ?
They will take the highest grade so don't worry about that
yazi123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
They will take the highest grade so don't worry about that
So is it a standard thing with resits that the highest grade is taken into account ?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yazi123)
So is it a standard thing with resits that the highest grade is taken into account ?
Yes
itsanon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you sure about this. What if you reset and got worse grades than your original and you don’t want the worse grades to be shown. Is it possible to write off the worse resit grades?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by itsanon)
Are you sure about this. What if you reset and got worse grades than your original and you don’t want the worse grades to be shown. Is it possible to write off the worse resit grades?
The worse grades will still have to be seen by the uni (so you can't write them off exactly) but unis will use the better grades in deciding whether you meet their entry requirements or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (95)
71.97%
No (37)
28.03%

Watched Threads