How to have better clothing sense/look youthful

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I do have some good clothes but as a guy I've never felt young or comfortable in my own skin which has massively affected my self esteem. I look around me and girls and boys my age at 21/22 seem to all be trendy or fashionable when I think I look absolutely awful, old and ugly in everything I wear. Maybe my lack of friendships growing up made me make my own poor choices in my own world but university was a big wake up call in needing to sort myself out. I just feel very different and behind people, so much so that I can't connect with most youthful things and feel that my personality has added to the sense of FOMO I get these days.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you need inspiration on latest trends. Do you have insta? If you want to fit in (seems like you do), just go ahead and buy what everyone wears then.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would not recommend wearing clothes simply because there trendy, your style should reflect you and what you like, that is what will make you the most confident.

I don't particularly like super trendy clothing, I pretty much just wear nice trainers, joggers and a T-shirt

If you do want to wear trendy stuff though, go for it, shops like JD and all that are filled with all the crap most teens wear these days
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I think you need inspiration on latest trends. Do you have insta? If you want to fit in (seems like you do), just go ahead and buy what everyone wears then.
Yeah I definitely do. I just deleted it so no not atm.

I'll have to look around what others are wearing, but usually my go to clothes are black slim jeans and t shirts
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I definitely do. I just deleted it so no not atm.

I'll have to look around what others are wearing, but usually my go to clothes are black slim jeans and t shirts

Yeah, just have a look on insta. Go from there, or you can even check JD, Nike, etc like someone has suggested.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Yeah, just have a look on insta. Go from there, or you can even check JD, Nike, etc like someone has suggested.
Will have to, but also need to find a style that suits me. Don't want to completely copy everyone else 100%
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey! Probably not what you want to hear, but I find that in most cases you know what your next step needs to be in terms of getting your self-esteem up It might be a case of having the willingness and the grit to make the most challenging first step towards change. I would also say that thinking low of yourself might be something to work on - there's nothing worse than not believing in yourself and talking about and to yourself in cheerful and hopeful ways might help you achieve the grit I talk about. I wish you the best :rolleyes: !
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
I would not recommend wearing clothes simply because there trendy, your style should reflect you and what you like, that is what will make you the most confident.

I don't particularly like super trendy clothing, I pretty much just wear nice trainers, joggers and a T-shirt

If you do want to wear trendy stuff though, go for it, shops like JD and all that are filled with all the crap most teens wear these days
Again I’m trying to find my own style and what really fits best so my own taste is gonna take a while to develop. I used to wear baggy trousers, formal shirts, Velcrow shoes and joggers but past year or so switched to skinny jeans and tighter fitting t shirts as people were telling me to start switching things up a bit.

JD I get sportswear from but I’ll check them out. Not a teen haha so will have to nitpick a little bit harder
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! Probably not what you want to hear, but I find that in most cases you know what your next step needs to be in terms of getting your self-esteem up It might be a case of having the willingness and the grit to make the most challenging first step towards change. I would also say that thinking low of yourself might be something to work on - there's nothing worse than not believing in yourself and talking about and to yourself in cheerful and hopeful ways might help you achieve the grit I talk about. I wish you the best :rolleyes: !
Yeah I’m still working on getting that up and just improving my mental health in general, that’s why I’ve taken a break from social media to clear my mind of things. Thanks though 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (113)
14.18%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (85)
10.66%
Changed course offer (35)
4.39%
Clearing (58)
7.28%
Conditional offer (11)
1.38%
Deferral (33)
4.14%
Ucas Extra (92)
11.54%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.14%
Point of Entry (56)
7.03%
Self-release (116)
14.55%
Tariff Point (64)
8.03%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.38%
Withdrawal (23)
2.89%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (69)
8.66%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed