Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So exhausting to try keep up with it when I can’t fit it. 😣

What do you think? Are you affected?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
Seriously same. The worst thing is I don't think I'm even that conventionally unattractive. Like, in my home country I'm pretty average, but here, my ethnic features are ridiculed. Still, I am never going to have plastic surgery on my nose or malform my face just to look like every other girl in this country. I'll never straighten my hair or bleach it. I'll never starve myself to change my bodyshape. I would rather be unique and my true self. Stay strong. <3
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
nah, I'm just a happy ugly duckling😛
scrollandquills
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i've given up on beauty standards, they're impossible to reach
Molly and Stan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm a proud fugly person.
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CleoRikkiEmma)
So exhausting to try keep up with it when I can’t fit it. 😣

What do you think? Are you affected?
To be honest it's not that deep. As long as a person takes care of themself in hygiene and presentation they're beautiful. I'm not a solid 10 but it really doesn't matter since I have the social skills needed to fit in, unless you're around weird shallow kids that care about looks.
CleoRikkiEmma
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cıllıan)
To be honest it's not that deep. As long as a person takes care of themself in hygiene and presentation they're beautiful. I'm not a solid 10 but it really doesn't matter since I have the social skills needed to fit in, unless you're around weird shallow kids that care about looks.
I think that’s from a males point of of view, but for women, they are factually more affected. (Not to say men aren’t)
alicelilley
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Same. Also, I feel like there's so many different beauty standards and none of them work together or are particularly attainable. On one side there's the super skinny thigh gap look, then on the other side there's the "thick" big thighs big bum look. If you're either you're ridiculed by the other and if you're neither you're ridiculed by both. The goalposts are constantly changing so I'm trying to like me for me rn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.52%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (54)
64.29%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.19%

Watched Threads