Will I be judged wearing headbands every day to college?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi! Last week, while losing my sanity studying for A-level assessments, I decided to cut my own fringe, thinking that it would cover my eyebrows so I’d have more time in future to revise than to do my makeup. However, I ended up cutting it too short and I’ve been panicking about returning to school ever since. I’ve bought some wide headbands (a bright red and tan one) because my fringe sticks up in all directions, so thin ones fail to conceal the mess, but I’m worried about the headband slipping off someone in school or parts still sticking out. Also, no one my age seems to wear them anymore, so people will probably notice and might ask. I know this is such a minor problem, if you can ever consider it that, but will anyone take notice? I have social anxiety if you can’t tell.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I presume you're a girl, in which case you can do whatever you like with your hair and the boys won't notice.

For the other half of your college, just say you're being 'daring'.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you don’t bring attention to it, then I doubt anyone will notice. People don’t usually notice minor changes, and even if they do, it probably won’t be more than a seconds glance.
spanker
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you know karate?
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Even if people do judge, you don't need to pay attention to them. People are always going to judge you no matter what you do.
Last edited by Qxi.xli; 2 weeks ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends how badly you've messed it up I guess, but people probably won't notice.
a-fLaw-student
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
maybe just wear some bobby pins? to pin it up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads