The Student Room Group

Tetley is trying to market itself as super fancy premium tea for the US market

Reply 1
Forget Tetley - Yorkshire Tea reigns supreme!!
Reply 2
Barbarians the lot of them. Barely counts as piss in a cup.
Twinning's is, naturally, the only way forth. Although The East India Company makes a nice brew these days :biggrin:
Easy to do since Americans don't drink much tea and I believe they' already sell Tetley, PG tips and Yorkshire Tea (they are on target and walmart site) already but they're imported so cost a lot more.

My American e-friends got chatting about chocolate they like and many enjoy those Ritter sport bars but theyre made in Germany so cost like $4 compared to £1 here.
Reply 4
I do not see what harm it would do being sold in America. After all, there are plenty of American things, such as McDonald's, in the UK.
Tetley is not tea, it's a thin soup.
PG tips all the way.

The yanks did the same thing to us with Krispy Kreme. GTFO paying £3 for a donut lol.
Original post by Starship Trooper
PG tips all the way.

PRSOM
Original post by Starship Trooper
PG tips all the way.

The yanks did the same thing to us with Krispy Kreme. GTFO paying £3 for a donut lol.

There are ones that I would pay that much for, but definitely not theirs...
Reply 9
Original post by Napp
Barbarians the lot of them. Barely counts as piss in a cup.
Twinning's is, naturally, the only way forth. Although The East India Company makes a nice brew these days :biggrin:

Twinning's! How plebian.

Personally I do most of my shopping on Amazon/Morrisons now for same day so I tend to purchase Morrison's 'the best' range. They have some great stuff actually, so does M&S.

Good money in tea though now if you can grow it. There's a farm in Scotland in which grows some and sells at about 120 per box. Definitely something to add to Rakas Corp and its efforts to grow wine and tea, slap a big British flag all over and sell it to nationalists everywhere. :tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Being the geek that I am, I have to say that it is "Twining's" not " Twinning's".
Reply 11
Original post by Debs25
Being the geek that I am, I have to say that it is "Twining's" not " Twinning's".

Blame autocorrect, it kept throwing a tizzy over it and i got bored of arguing with it :lol:
Reply 12
Original post by Napp
Blame autocorrect, it kept throwing a tizzy over it and i got bored of arguing with it :lol:

I feel your pain! 😂
Reply 13
Original post by Debs25
I feel your pain! 😂

Being bested by a line of code, its a sad day :frown:
Come on, the Yanks aren’t that gullible.
Are they? :confused:
I buy Tetley British blend teabags in Walmart.
That said, I don't drink the stuff - I give it to my spouse. :biggrin: I'm not sharing my Yorkshire tea with her. :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by Sabertooth
I buy Tetley British blend teabags in Walmart.
That said, I don't drink the stuff - I give it to my spouse. :biggrin: I'm not sharing my Yorkshire tea with her. :tongue:

😂 Yorkshire Tea is the best!
Reply 17
Original post by Rakas21
Twinning's! How plebian.

Personally I do most of my shopping on Amazon/Morrisons now for same day so I tend to purchase Morrison's 'the best' range. They have some great stuff actually, so does M&S.

Good money in tea though now if you can grow it. There's a farm in Scotland in which grows some and sells at about 120 per box. Definitely something to add to Rakas Corp and its efforts to grow wine and tea, slap a big British flag all over and sell it to nationalists everywhere. :tongue:

There is a company growing tea down in Cornwall too. I don't know why tea has never really been grown commercially in the UK, our climate is actually ideal for the Camelia sinensis plant, mild winters and warm, humid summers with plentiful rainfall. There seems to be a persistant myth that it won't grow in this country, but it does, and if somebody spent a few years trialing and developing cultivars perfectly adapted to local climate and soil conditions, we could start producing some really fine quality teas in this country.

All this talk is kind of making me want to start my own tea farm.....
Original post by harrysbar
Come on, the Yanks aren’t that gullible.
Are they? :confused:

Some probably are. Remember 74 million voted for Donald Trump last November.
Original post by barnet1471
Some probably are. Remember 74 million voted for Donald Trump last November.

Oh yes...what a disgrace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending