The Student Room Group

Boyfriend left me when in pain...

( been on my period for a week) Monday-Sunday.

Me and my bf have been arguing all week on Monday I left his house after a petty argument snd said I am done! We once a day but it was more disagreements from Monday till Friday. Friday we met up and didn’t really speak about it but we was fine. I felt like I over reacted abit on Monday due to my hormones everywhere and me being in pain my tolerance was low and I just thought f the relationship.

Friday was fine and I stayed over I had bad period pains and stomach cramps due to gastrsitis which makes me nauseous all the time when I get these episodes in which he knows. Saturday morning he was working ( self employed) so we didn’t really speak much. I asked if he can go pharmacy for me ( he just laughed, we always joke around but he actually did end up going). (I feel like he isn’t considerate when I’m in pain unless I cause a huge issue or unless I’m crying screaming in pain which I don’t think should be the case I shouldn’t have to be dying in pain for him to understand, I also suffer from migraines and a lot of times he just doesn’t get when I want to be in the dark or need the volume down! ) anyways that pissed me off but I was like whatever. So we didn’t really speak much in the morning. The afternoon comes and he says let’s go out with his friend knowing full well I’m in pain. He asks me multiple times and kinda begs me but I’m in pain and he just don’t get it. ( bare in mind he’s going Out of London at night to see his family in which I thought we’d be spending time together before especially because all week we was arguing). So he gets in the shower and saying he’s going out regardless if I’m coming. I’m in pain, on my period and just upset that he would actually go out with his friends full well knowing this. When he comes out the shower I ask to book my cab so I can go home he does so and I say how inconsiderate he has been and how he didn’t need to go out with his friends on this day especially when I’m sitting in his house in pain and discomfort it just wasn’t necessary. And he starting saying things back( I can’t remember ) but I ended up getting so mad and shouting loudly in his face.

I left his house after literally yelling my lungs out crying yet again same thing on Monday. I was so angry and in pain and discomfort. It’s been about 30 hours we still haven’t spoke and he hasn’t said nothing. I feel like this is so so inconsiderate knowing I was in pain. When he had a car accident I looked after him when he was in pain so I would assume he would be there for me when I’m in pain. I feel so upset he hasn’t even said if I’m feeling better or anything. I understand it’s period pain and us girls get it all the time but it’s painful still and my gastritis is super painful on top of period pains and hormones flying everywhere.

What do I do or act?

Scroll to see replies

Don’t stress, if the feelings right you two will come back together. I’m going through the same with my mrs and we have been together since we were in year 9, nearly 4 years. We have massive arguments and literally we can both be so toxic but we have such a bond where no matter what we’ll always be there for eachother. Or atleast that’s how I think 😂 but honestly, just relax, give it time and focus on yourself! Everything happens for a reason ❤️
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t stress, if the feelings right you two will come back together. I’m going through the same with my mrs and we have been together since we were in year 9, nearly 4 years. We have massive arguments and literally we can both be so toxic but we have such a bond where no matter what we’ll always be there for eachother. Or atleast that’s how I think 😂 but honestly, just relax, give it time and focus on yourself! Everything happens for a reason ❤️

Yeah it’s true. So I’m guessing your a guy?
Do you feel like I was over reacting for yelling in his face and being angry about this? IM still in pain till today and nothing I’ve been in pain all week and I haven’t had no comfort from him. Obviously he can’t get rid of the pain but to comfort someone when they’re in pain is important especially your boyfriend or girlfriend. He hasn’t even said nothing. He always saying I speak to him disrespectfully and he’s not taking that **** anymore but I don’t think this time I was disrespectful
Tbh if I was you I'd be mad at him too. From what you've said it seems like it's happened many times. I think you need to talk to him about it and tell him how you feel when he does that.
Your feelings are very valid, I too would be really mad. People without periods will never fully understand how it feels like and many of them lack empathy. I heard a man say “they can’t be that bad, so many girls go through it and act fine”. Honestly pisses me off.
Reply 5
Have a mature chat with him when your hormones arent flying off the rails. He probably thinks you're just being dramatic if you're furious with him every time this happens, and then not bringing it up when you're not experiencing discomfort.
He’s wrong
Don’t speak to him
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Crazy I got I got relationship with my boyfriend when my dad died
Have you tried communicating with him? It kind of seems like neither of you is willing to compromise on what you want to do/want the other person to do.
Original post by Theloniouss
Have you tried communicating with him? It kind of seems like neither of you is willing to compromise on what you want to do/want the other person to do.

No I haven’t because I’m hurt and annoyed. I don’t want to say anything I’ll regret. Hormones are still high. I feel like he should reach out to me but he hasn’t. This is when I start to loose respect for him .....
Original post by Anonymous
No I haven’t because I’m hurt and annoyed. I don’t want to say anything I’ll regret. Hormones are still high. I feel like he should reach out to me but he hasn’t. This is when I start to loose respect for him .....

I mean in general. Your post talks about shouting and yelling a lot, but not about having regular conversations about your feelings (which are necessary for a healthy relationship). Also, "I don't want to talk to him but also he should reach out" seems a little bit self-defeating.
Original post by Cloudiii
Your feelings are very valid, I too would be really mad. People without periods will never fully understand how it feels like and many of them lack empathy. I heard a man say “they can’t be that bad, so many girls go through it and act fine”. Honestly pisses me off.

So glad I am not a guy like that. Can't take getting beaten up lol.
He's treating you like rubbish yet you won't leave him girls like you make me sick get with a bad guy then moan abou make t it then repeat the same mistake I got no sympathy for you
I'd be mad at him too. The guy clearly didn't care about the fact you were suffering.
If you were feeling that bad you should have just gone home. There isn't much to gain from just hanging around someone else while feeling unwell. When he said he was going out with his friends you could have taken that opportunity to just relax and get some rest.
Reply 16
I feel like you weren’t helping the situation. Surely him going out would mean you could relax for a while in peace and recover a little but all the arguing and shouting surely wouldn’t help.
I Also think you should have just gone home when you were feeling crappy. Most people with stomach ache just want to be left alone really to recover /sleep / be sick.
Original post by sinfonietta
If you were feeling that bad you should have just gone home. There isn't much to gain from just hanging around someone else while feeling unwell. When he said he was going out with his friends you could have taken that opportunity to just relax and get some rest.

Didn’t you read the post. I said I did go home? Before I was at his house because I was in a house I’m familiar with so I was comfortable In the bed with basic medication.
Original post by Bio 7
I feel like you weren’t helping the situation. Surely him going out would mean you could relax for a while in peace and recover a little but all the arguing and shouting surely wouldn’t help.

Thing is the whole week we didn’t see eachother because we was arguing. The night before this situation happened he was just working on his laptop with one of his friends we barely spoke then in the morning he was doing the same. That night he was travelling 3 hr drive to his family for 4 days so. That was the only time we could spend together espixally me feeling poorly I just wanted to chill and relax. But instead he wanted to go out with his friends and be around his friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending