Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
my A level grades are too low to get into any unis and the only good grades i have is gcses. i dont want to redo them or do a different level 3 qualification because it'll feel like im losing years off my life and my grades are too low to get into any apprenticeships, though my mum wouldnt approve of anything other than uni anyway...
im disappointed my mh ruined my future and idk what to do
my mum just says im stupid and should work minimum wage jobs forever
??
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
If you got good GCSE's you're capable of doing good A levels. So if you mucked up you have to work out why. Did you choose the wrong subjects and they didn't interest you enough si that you weren't invested in your studies, or was it just lack of work all together. If you did them a while ago, and you now have an idea of what you would like to do later, or what you'd like to study at Uni, maybe you could do an access course.
A couple of years is nothing if you want to start over. Lots of people do it even in their thirties and forties. Better to realise now that you're not satisfied with your work/ life, than spend the next 3 decades doing something that brings no personal satisfaction.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
You'll lose users of your life doing a minimum wage job for the rest of it.. Have you literally come here to whine? Cus that won't raise your grades lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you got good GCSE's you're capable of doing good A levels. So if you mucked up you have to work out why. Did you choose the wrong subjects and they didn't interest you enough si that you weren't invested in your studies, or was it just lack of work all together. If you did them a while ago, and you now have an idea of what you would like to do later, or what you'd like to study at Uni, maybe you could do an access course.
A couple of years is nothing if you want to start over. Lots of people do it even in their thirties and forties. Better to realise now that you're not satisfied with your work/ life, than spend the next 3 decades doing something that brings no personal satisfaction.
all of those reasons pretty much
ill have a look for access courses thanks.
Anonymous #1
You'll lose users of your life doing a minimum wage job for the rest of it.. Have you literally come here to whine? Cus that won't raise your grades lol.
i may be stupid but im not stupid enough to think i raise my grades by venting :erm:
-Imperator-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Investing a year in re-taking your A Levels will pay off massively if means you're able to go to a good uni for a good course.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Imperator-)
Investing a year in re-taking your A Levels will pay off massively if means you're able to go to a good uni for a good course.
im considering that though i'd like to replace one of the subjects which would mean learning a whole new A level in one year on top of all of the other things i have planned for my gap year lol as well as how sick i feel doing A levels so idk its a lot... but i dont think it'd be too bad though since i want to do that subject in university anyway
but i read that lots of unis dont accept resits?
-Imperator-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im considering that though i'd like to replace one of the subjects which would mean learning a whole new A level in one year on top of all of the other things i have planned for my gap year lol as well as how sick i feel doing A levels so idk its a lot... but i dont think it'd be too bad though since i want to do that subject in university anyway
but i read that lots of unis dont accept resits?
I know Oxford and Cambridge don't usually. But anyway, having a good degree is really good because it allows you to earn way more money.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Imperator-)
I know Oxford and Cambridge don't usually. But anyway, having a good degree is really good because it allows you to earn way more money.
fortunately ive never wanted to go cambridge or oxford
but i see most of the top unis dont allow resits, like UCL etc.
i always thought a degree is a degree, like for example the G400 computer science one even in different universities eg. top vs average uni is the still same content right?
sry dumb question lol.-.
-Imperator-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
fortunately ive never wanted to go cambridge or oxford
but i see most of the top unis dont allow resits, like UCL etc.
i always thought a degree is a degree, like for example the G400 computer science one even in different universities eg. top vs average uni is the still same content right?
sry dumb question lol.-.
No, it's not the same content at all. Universities teach whatever they want. It's not like GCSE/A Level where everyone does basically the same thing. For example, I'm doing Computer Science at Oxford and my friend is doing Computer Science at Imperial. My course is focused far more on mathematics whereas his is focused far more on software development. That's just one of the differences. The universities make their own courses entirely by themselves. You will get a very different experience depending on where you go.
username1340420
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I am a failure too but a bigger failure than you. I failed my A-levels twice and got A's for the third time. Took longer than normal at Uni, lost my job and still grinding. What is getting me through my tough time is my religious beliefs and that God will give me a way out of this situation. My parents remind me of being a failure everyday, but as time goes by I know I am trying my best and some people just don't understand. So dont compare yourself to others but rather improve and compete with your past self.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
my A level grades are too low to get into any unis and the only good grades i have is gcses. i dont want to redo them or do a different level 3 qualification because it'll feel like im losing years off my life and my grades are too low to get into any apprenticeships, though my mum wouldnt approve of anything other than uni anyway...
??
oh my god this is me.
higgsmadi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
??
dont listen to your mum, go travel, if you have a little money you can au pair in europe and get paid for it. you can get working holiday visas for australia or new zealand when they open back up. or look into an apprenticeship. Your mum isnt a good parent if she treats you like this.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by zooface1234)
"Your mum isnt a good parent if she treats you like this."
thats not for you to say how du know.
what she says may be wrong but whether or not she is a good parent is not your concern. she sounds actually quite caring as she is upset, just like any other mum, but it will pass, maybe even tomorrow
The mum is actually good. They need to understand their weak points tbh
higgsmadi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Anonymous #1 said that their mum says their stupid and should just work minimum wage jobs forever, yes i don't know their mum but I don't have to know that thats messed up to say to you're child. No one should say that to their kid, self-fulfilling prophecy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (9)
9.89%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (60)
65.93%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.19%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads