The Student Room Group

Biology help (a level)

"Before taking the drink the mean heart rate of group J was 68 beats per minute. 15 minutes after taking the drink, the mean volume of blood leaving the heart of group J was 4700cm3 per minute. Calculate the mean volume of blood leaving the heart at each beat 15 minutes after taking the drink.
The answer is 73.4cm3 but I dont understand how they got the answer
Reply 1
Original post by Nla_
"Before taking the drink the mean heart rate of group J was 68 beats per minute. 15 minutes after taking the drink, the mean volume of blood leaving the heart of group J was 4700cm3 per minute. Calculate the mean volume of blood leaving the heart at each beat 15 minutes after taking the drink.
The answer is 73.4cm3 but I dont understand how they got the answer

Are you sure that this is all the information they gave to you- you also need to know the mean heart rate AFTER taking the drink.

Then mean blood leaving with each beat = 4700/beats per minute

(To get the answer of 73.4 cm3 per beat, the number of beats per minute would have to 64 ....
beats per minute= volume per minute/volume per beat = 4700/73.4 = 64 beats per min)
Reply 2
This is some information it gave before
Reply 3
Original post by Nla_
This is some information it gave before

That makes sense. 15 minutes after taking the drink, the mean heart rate was 4 lower than resting. So heart rate= 68-4 = 64 beats per minute

Blood flow per beat = blood flow in 1 minute/ heart rate =4700/64 = 73.4
Reply 4
Original post by BDavies1
That makes sense. 15 minutes after taking the drink, the mean heart rate was 4 lower than resting. So heart rate= 68-4 = 64 beats per minute

Blood flow per beat = blood flow in 1 minute/ heart rate =4700/64 = 73.4

Honestly thank you, haha I don't understand why I didn't use the graph

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending