What is the first job you can remember wanting to do "when you grew up"?

Watch
doritomylove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Remember when you were little and people would ask "what do you want to be when you grow up"? Are you doing that now?
mch2021
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
nooo not even close lol! I wanted to be a prison guard, I currently work in health and safety, hoping to study dietetics in september if I get the grades I need
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
video game programmer

It's not my plan atm, but the avenue is still technically open.
doritomylove
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mch2021)
nooo not even close lol! I wanted to be a prison guard, I currently work in health and safety, hoping to study dietetics in september if I get the grades I need
Best of luck! Hope you get the grades you need & deserve!
15Characters...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My first dream job was to be a police officer, now I'm doing a PhD in maths.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Surgeon. Because money.

For the benefit of myself and anyone who might end up requiring surgery, I have stayed well clear of medicine. I'm also far less inclined towards picking a career just because of a high salary.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 2 weeks ago
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
IT, now I'll take what I can get.
Last edited by 2003a39; 2 weeks ago
mch2021
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by doritomylove)
Best of luck! Hope you get the grades you need & deserve!
Thank you!!
MajorFader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A pilot
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably a singer.
I probably didn't realise back then that I can't sing to save my life, so that was never gonna happen.
A while later I changed my mind and wanted to be an author. That may still be possible if I do finish writing a book I started.
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Remember when you were little and people would ask "what do you want to be when you grow up"? Are you doing that now?
I wanted to be a jockey, and I'm picking it up again after I finish med school and have the salary ( I'm currently finishing 6th form ) to pay for it. Doctor full time, hopefully owning a horse at some point in the future??
JP2000!!!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bus driver, now doctor lol
emmacharl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wanted to be a doctor as a child! Then as i grew up i changed my mind and wanted to be things like an author, musician, director of photography, then i drifted back to medicine a couple of years ago, and finally have decided to go into cancer research so it’s kinda similar to my initial wish to be a doctor
Eanomartino0
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wanted to be a teacher. I might end up actually pursuing that after realising nursing isn’t for me
BravoNovember
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hah, I wanted to be the guy on the pizza counter in Asda...I’m dead serious. For some reason I thought it’d be really fun to put toppings on pizzas all day. I actually DID get an interview for the pizza counter in Sainsbury’s, but it didn’t work out.

I am pleased to say that I successfully failed in my career ambitions and am now working in a slightly more interesting role as a Civil Servant.
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"scientist" which then later became chemical engineer.
... then I dropped out of the college and changed to another to do Business and Social Sciences because I was too anxious. Killed the dream LOL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads