The Student Room Group

2021 Additional Assessment Materials released to students (AQA, Edexcel & OCR papers)

Scroll to see replies

Hi can somebody send them for biology because I can't seem to get the aqa website to load that part of the site at all for some reason. wonderfully it would do that to me. I would be eternally grateful!
Original post by MWenlock
Hi can somebody send them for biology because I can't seem to get the aqa website to load that part of the site at all for some reason. wonderfully it would do that to me. I would be eternally grateful!

Partway down this page I think? https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-7401-7402/assessment-resources
If I directly quote stuff from the mark scheme can I be caught for plagiarism or cheating?
Original post by Disko0207
If I directly quote stuff from the mark scheme can I be caught for plagiarism or cheating?

Would seem suspicious to the marker which they may escalate. I’d strongly advise against cheating or looking at the locked papers/markschemes that you’re being tested on :redface:
Original post by laurawatt
Would seem suspicious to the marker which they may escalate. I’d strongly advise against cheating or looking at the locked papers/markschemes that you’re being tested on :redface:

But it's not my fault that the mark scheme was readily available? Like literally everyone in the class could have seen it. It was attached with the questions that were released.
(edited 2 years ago)
But it's not my fault that the mark scheme was readily available? Like literally everyone in the class could have seen it

Readily available where? Internally (from school or a school system) or from online?
Readily available where? Internally (from school or a school system) or from online?

No like the additional assessments released online for us students. Edexcel economics had the mark scheme attached with the questions when I downloaded it. The questions were on top and the mark scheme for the questions were on the bottom of the document.
No like the additional assessments released online for us students. Edexcel economics had the mark scheme attached with the questions when I downloaded it. The questions were on top and the mark scheme for the questions were on the bottom of the document.

do you know anything about ocr economics

Reciting the markscheme word for word would seem very suspicious, and I don’t think the intention was to ever release the answers to students :smile: The additional assessment materials are released publicly for students so there’s no problem with you trying those questions though
This is great for my upcoming year 12 mocks, thank youuu!! The AS level maths are very useful, but is there any answers?
Reciting the markscheme word for word would seem very suspicious, and I don’t think the intention was to ever release the answers to students :smile: The additional assessment materials are released publicly for students so there’s no problem with you trying those questions though

I came across this yesterday: a couple of students had memorised the answers to the paper they thought they were going to get, they dutifully recreated those perfect answers in response to an entirely different set of questions :-)

I didn't recite the mark scheme I just incorporated them into my own answer
is unseen papers , just the 2020 papers?
Original post by Surfer Rosa
I came across this yesterday: a couple of students had memorised the answers to the paper they thought they were going to get, they dutifully recreated those perfect answers in response to an entirely different set of questions :-)

Lol :lol:
Original post by m4inotn4
This is great for my upcoming year 12 mocks, thank youuu!! The AS level maths are very useful, but is there any answers?

No markschemes are being released for these resources :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi guys, :wavey:

Exam Boards have now released the additional assessment material that may be used by teachers in any assessments that you have up and coming. This doesn't seem to have been done in a particularly co-ordinated way, so I thought we would bring it all together in one place so that you can find these questions if you want to.

Additional Assessment Material by Exam Board

AQA (All Levels) - Scroll down to 'Get Assessment and Support Materials' select your level and the subject you are looking for and select 'see materials'

OCR (All Levels) - Select your level and subject and download the ZIP file provided.

Pearson Edexcel (All levels) - Select your level and then subject underneath the header "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" Then simply open up the tab called 'Summer 2021 assessment materials for students'

Eduqas (All levels) - Select your subject, then click the tab resources and finally the Summer 21 Assessment Materials tab that will appear below.

We will try and keep this list updated as we find more.

TSR's Guidance for using the Additional Assessment Material (AAM)

Number 1: The most important bit of advice we can give, do not panic. There is no benefit to downloading every single resource and trying to cram them all in the hope that you may recognise a question in one of your exams (if your teachers even decide to set you one). Teachers have a range of questions to choose from and trying to memorise answers to every possible combination of exam questions and these materials is not an effective way of studying.

Number 2: If you are going to use these as revision resources, make sure you are only looking at topics that you have covered with your teachers. Teachers will not be setting you surprise questions from topics that you have missed due to the pandemic.

Number 3: Take a second and ask yourself, how do I learn best? For some people going through these questions and trying to answer them may be the best thing for them, but for others it may be better to trust your existing revision methods. There's nothing wrong with going back to your mind maps or textbooks.

Number 4: If in doubt, ask your teachers. Your teachers are the ones who will be assessing you this summer, so they are the best placed in supporting and advising you on how to incorporate this material into your revision.

If you have any questions about what the above means to you, please feel free to ask below and we will try and support as much as possible. This is all very new to everyone involved!

In Year 13 and unsure about your uni place this year? Sign up to receive updates on exams and results, so you know what's coming and how to be prepared.

Hi, Are there any materials for WJEC maths GCSE?
thanks
My maths assessment was the 2020 A level maths exam got 128/176 - some questions were removed as we hadnt been taught the content yet
shall we create a markscheme for FM material. We can create a google doc and I can send a link that we can keep adding the answers to? How does that sounds? FM S1, D1 is what I am doing but i can create heading for each.
why they are open material for revision. So what s the point of doing these if you dont know the answer and cant check the answer. I am not aware this are for any other purpose.
Original post by Interea
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

Ah my mistake, same instructions as before then but on this link instead - scroll down to "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" :smile:

Is there is any 2021 assessment resources material for BTEC because I didn't find anything?
So are the support material from past papers from the new spec e.g. from the 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and specimen papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending