The Student Room Group

2021 Additional Assessment Materials released to students (AQA, Edexcel & OCR papers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pippamiln
Hi do you know if igcse assessment materials have been released as they seem to be locked on Pearson. Gcse I can access but I am doing some Igcses too. Thanks

i'm pretty sure if your sitting igcses this year the assessments are unseen so they won't be released beforehand as this is what I've been told by my exam centre
Original post by bkjknkjkbj
The GCSE maths ones still seem to be locked for me. Please could someone send the actually papers on here since they have been released anyway.

They aren't papers as such - you'll need to access them yourself.
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi guys, :wavey:

Exam Boards have now released the additional assessment material that may be used by teachers in any assessments that you have up and coming. This doesn't seem to have been done in a particularly co-ordinated way, so I thought we would bring it all together in one place so that you can find these questions if you want to.

Additional Assessment Material by Exam Board

AQA (All Levels) - Scroll down to 'Get Assessment and Support Materials' select your level and the subject you are looking for and select 'see materials'

OCR (All Levels) - Select your level and subject and download the ZIP file provided.

Pearson Edexcel (A-Level) - Select your subject from the subject from the list on the right. Once on your subject page select teaching and learning materials and scroll downtill you see 'Summer 2021 assessment material for students'.

Pearson Edexcel (GCSE) - Select your subject from the subject from the list on the right. Once on your subject page select teaching and learning materials and scroll downtill you see 'Summer 2021 assessment material for students'.

We will try and keep this list updated as we find more.

TSR's Guidance for using the Additional Assessment Material (AAM)

Number 1: The most important bit of advice we can give, do not panic. There is no benefit to downloading every single resource and trying to cram them all in the hope that you may recognise a question in one of your exams (if your teachers even decide to set you one). Teachers have a range of questions to choose from and trying to memorise answers to every possible combination of exam questions and these materials is not an effective way of studying.

Number 2: If you are going to use these as revision resources, make sure you are only looking at topics that you have covered with your teachers. Teachers will not be setting you surprise questions from topics that you have missed due to the pandemic.

Number 3: Take a second and ask yourself, how do I learn best? For some people going through these questions and trying to answer them may be the best thing for them, but for others it may be better to trust your existing revision methods. There's nothing wrong with going back to your mind maps or textbooks.

Number 4: If in doubt, ask your teachers. Your teachers are the ones who will be assessing you this summer, so they are the best placed in supporting and advising you on how to incorporate this material into your revision.

If you have any questions about what the above means to you, please feel free to ask below and we will try and support as much as possible. This is all very new to everyone involved!

In Year 13 and unsure about your uni place this year? Sign up to receive updates on exams and results, so you know what's coming and how to be prepared.

hi how do you download the zip file for ocr? its not letting me keeps saying interchange login required :frown:
They still seem to be locked when you try and download them unfortunately ! Will see if we can find out why :smile:

i cant access them hav you found out why yet?
Reply 64
Original post by manny123456
Hey I have been on the OCR website and I can't access the sample materials, since i can't click on the qualification level

maybe you've used your school laptop, use your own. It happened to me when I used my school laptop.
Original post by oreocupcake1
i cant access them hav you found out why yet?

Which exam board can't you access, all the three listed above should now be available! Let me know and I can try and help :smile:
Which exam board can't you access, all the three listed above should now be available! Let me know and I can try and help :smile:

Can you please link AS AQA and A Level Biology and Chemistry on her, i cant find the assessment materials, it only goes upto 2018.
I am not able to access the EDEXEL maths ones :frown:

Exam Boards have now released the additional assessment material that may be used by teachers in any assessments that you have up and coming. This doesn't seem to have been done in a particularly co-ordinated way, so I thought we would bring it all together in one place so that you can find these questions if you want to.

AQA (All Levels) - Scroll down to 'Get Assessment and Support Materials' select your level and the subject you are looking for and select 'see materials'

OCR (All Levels) - Select your level and subject and download the ZIP file provided.

Pearson Edexcel (A-Level) - Select your subject from the subject from the list on the right. Once on your subject page select teaching and learning materials and scroll downtill you see 'Summer 2021 assessment material for students'.

Pearson Edexcel (GCSE) - Select your subject from the subject from the list on the right. Once on your subject page select teaching and learning materials and scroll downtill you see 'Summer 2021 assessment material for students'.

Number 1: The most important bit of advice we can give, do not panic. There is no benefit to downloading every single resource and trying to cram them all in the hope that you may recognise a question in one of your exams (if your teachers even decide to set you one). Teachers have a range of questions to choose from and trying to memorise answers to every possible combination of exam questions and these materials is not an effective way of studying.

Number 2: If you are going to use these as revision resources, make sure you are only looking at topics that you have covered with your teachers. Teachers will not be setting you surprise questions from topics that you have missed due to the pandemic.

Number 3: Take a second and ask yourself, how do I learn best? For some people going through these questions and trying to answer them may be the best thing for them, but for others it may be better to trust your existing revision methods. There's nothing wrong with going back to your mind maps or textbooks.

Number 4: If in doubt, ask your teachers. Your teachers are the ones who will be assessing you this summer, so they are the best placed in supporting and advising you on how to incorporate this material into your revision.

If you have any questions about what the above means to you, please feel free to ask below and we will try and support as much as possible. This is all very new to everyone involved!

In Year 13 and unsure about your uni place this year? Sign up to receive updates on exams and results, so you know what's coming and how to be prepared.

Thank you for putting this together!
8A876642-91C5-40D0-8976-DE0282758FBF.jpeg

If teachers do set an exam, is it a certainty that the questions in the assessment materials may be used? Or do they have their own private papers that they can choose from.
Original post by TheSecretSayer
8A876642-91C5-40D0-8976-DE0282758FBF.jpeg

You need to click on the ones for students instead of the ones for centres :smile:

Hi! Is there sources available like this for CIE As Levels? :smile:
Original post by wantstobeawyer
Hi! Is there sources available like this for CIE As Levels? :smile:

CIE AS and A level exams are going ahead as normal, so the whole Assessment Materials business is not needed.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kambro
Do you have anything on the Pearson Edexcel International A level examinations?

That's a good question! Let me see what we can do :smile:

Pearson are sending out new unseen papers to schools. These can either be done on a specified date, just like normal exams, or teachers can choose to use them after that date in any way they wish. There is therefore no need for the Additional Assessment materials business.
it is all very confusing, does anyone know how to find the AQA A-Level business paper and the OCR A-Level Biology A business paper?

Thanks
Original post by lfcpearceyy
it is all very confusing, does anyone know how to find the AQA A-Level business paper and the OCR A-Level Biology A business paper?

Thanks

For business:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/business/as-and-a-level/business-7131-7132/assessment-resources?f.2021+exam+guidance%7Cexams2021=Y

For Biology A:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/images/Biology%20A%20H420.zip
does anyone know if the maths a level edexcel assessments in school will be used from the assessment materials
Original post by lfcpearceyy
Thanks, are these definitely the materials being used for the up and coming mini mocks?

No - it's your school/college's choice what they give you, nobody can tell you exactly what they'll use so best just to treat these as extra question practice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending