The Student Room Group

London Physiotherapy BSc 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarah2491
Hi,

I will be a mature student starting in September. I am choosing between King's and George's. George's is smaller but King's is closer!
What is everyone else doing? Any other mature students out there?
Sarah

Also a mature student here - and I've firmed King's :smile:
I’m also a mature student, and firmed Kings a couple of weeks ago! 😊
Original post by emilyb1996

Woo! 🥳
Hi,

I will be a mature student starting in September. I am choosing between King's and George's. George's is smaller but King's is closer!
Sarah

Yes, I am going to KCL. Physiotherapy. What will you be studying, Sarah?
Physiotherapy as well
Original post by Josie93
I did email while I was uploading saying I was struggling, they said that if I need more time they'll give me till 3.30pm! But managed to do it ask in the end.

Good luck with your application, I'll let you know how I get on

What did you go for in the end?
Reply 26
Hi,

Sarah

Hi Sarah, I'm going to st george's as a mature student. I've heard that it has a high mature student count, which is a plus for me.
I graduated from Exeter uni last year and felt so old next to the other students 😭...I'm 28 this year btw
has anyone applied to the MSc physiotherapy (Pre reg) at SGUL on this thread, im finding it difficult to find any threads relating to this
Original post by Josie93
Hi Sarah, I'm going to st george's as a mature student. I've heard that it has a high mature student count, which is a plus for me.
I graduated from Exeter uni last year and felt so old next to the other students 😭...I'm 28 this year btw

Hi George,
Are you on the Bsc? I'm 30! I actually did a year of radiography and took a year out to work as a pta before switching
Reply 29
Hi Sarah,

Yes Bsc, just moved to tooting. My 3rd day here, loving all the food options and markets!
Have you chosen where you're going to study yet?

Hi George,
Are you on the Bsc? I'm 30! I actually did a year of radiography and took a year out to work as a pta before switching
Reply 30
What a levels did you guys do to get interviews and whatnot for physiotherapy?
Original post by physio2021
I thought it would be interesting to start a thread of people who will be starting at one of the London unis for Physio BSc this September.

I applied to SGUL, Kings, UEL, LSBU and Brunel and I think I'll head to Kings. What is everyone else thinking?

heyy
how was your uel interview??
Original post by emilyb1996

heyy im applying for physio at kings for 2022 entry! Could you remember what time of year they got back to you after applying?
Original post by username5355102
Yes, I am going to KCL. Physiotherapy. What will you be studying, Sarah?

Heyy. How are you finding studying at kings like so far? Im applying to kings for 2022 !
Original post by Tom.Nook
Hey all! Yeah this'll be an interesting thread! I applied to exactly the same unis as @physio2021. What made you pick King's over the others? So difficult to decide without in person open days haha!

I think I'm going to head to Brunel, haven't firmed yet though incase I change my mind.

Good luck @Josie93!

heyy. i have an interview with uel soon and apparently its 45mins long ! Could you tell me about your interview experience with them?
Original post by nadz11school
heyy im applying for physio at kings for 2022 entry! Could you remember what time of year they got back to you after applying?

heyy i’m a first year kcl physio student and last year they got back to me around mid Jan for an interview, i waited for like 2 weeks and got a conditional offer.they mentioned that they’ll have to receive all applications before making interview decisions so i think you’ll probably have to wait until at least jan for an interview offer :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by hotwingsss
heyy i’m a first year kcl physio student and last year they got back to me around mid Jan for an interview, i waited for like 2 weeks and got a conditional offer.they mentioned that they’ll have to receive all applications before making interview decisions so i think you’ll probably have to wait until at least jan for an interview offer :smile:

hiya, i’m hoping to study physio at kcl starting in september and i’ve just received an interview and i’m terrified!!! do you have any tips for the interview like what you think went well in yours etc? hope i’m not being too annoying!!
Original post by Tom.Nook
No way?! I trained in Musical Theatre too! Haha, snap!

KCL is also up there for my choices too - for the same reasons as you say... great rep etc. !

I live in West London so Brunel is about 50 mins on the tube from me (and KCL is about an hour), though I do like the idea of going to uni in central London (easier to do stuff after class, see friends etc.), I just get the sense that Brunel might be a better fit for me in terms of what they offer. Haven't firmed yet anyway - going to see if anything sways my decision in the next month or so.

Where did you go to in the end and what did you think of your choice?
Original post by Josie93
Hi Sarah,

Yes Bsc, just moved to tooting. My 3rd day here, loving all the food options and markets!
Have you chosen where you're going to study yet?

How are you finding St. George's? You happy with your choice?
Original post by evied1
hiya, i’m hoping to study physio at kcl starting in september and i’ve just received an interview and i’m terrified!!! do you have any tips for the interview like what you think went well in yours etc? hope i’m not being too annoying!!

Hi! Congrats on the interview offer! Honestly just be yourself, make sure you're familiar with the roles and branches of physio/NHS.
I was super nervous and I stuttered a lot at the start for my interview but the interviewers were lovely and relaxed. Some questions might get a bit tricky (i thought i did bad in the interview), but afterwards the lecturers mentioned they are interested in your thought process instead of a specific answer, so don't worry too much and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending